• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
he was talking about the differences between US/UK UO and how the US store doesnt get that stuff

Yeah, I just remember chrono making a post about how they have Acne at least at UO and he is based in the US. Maybe he was talking about the UK stores though.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
past couple of days random leather alt app unbranded denim florsheim for duckie brown shades of greige alt app acne cons

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
Yeah, I just remember chrono making a post about how they have Acne at least at UO and he is based in the US. Maybe he was talking about the UK stores though.

Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
didn't chrono just post about how they had all those brands in their US stores? or was it just acne and some others.

i'm thinking he probably meant the uk store, or possibly one of the high-volume us stores, the uk site has a shitload of acne: http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/bin...&searchex=acne

the us site doesn't have any trace of acne, nudie, or apc.

UO has slowly been expanding their business, only reaching just past 150 stores (less than 20 of which are in europe, with none in asia) in the past 2 years. like some retailers they have some specialized boutiques aiming at a different market, like space 15 twenty in la.

while the buys for each store are different, but afaik there were no plans to roll out nudie, apc, or like that in the 2+ years i worked there. it just wasn't feasible due to the number of stores they had. even shades of greige started out as an online-only exclusive, and only select stores received the quoddy, pendleton, and filson collabs.

since they're running like 14 stores in europe stocking european brands would be easier i guess.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fcking hot in NYC
DSC_0502.jpg
DSC_0503-1.jpg
Hanes MMM (Marshalls Mystery Meat; no tag) Puma

ri0tp00f

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vonWitzleben

Noticed that I am neither wearing APC nor CP? And how can t + jeans + sneakers be 2008? Thats an alltime classic. At least since my birth and thats quite some time.

I don't think he meant you in particular were wearing APC or CP... I think he was referring to general direction of what people beast over

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Hanes
MMM (Marshalls Mystery Meat; no tag)
Puma

you might should just buy some chinos and hem them into decent shorts.

Dr. Mabuse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
They share similar styling cues but the shape is nothing alike. When you handle them in real life you will be able to easily tell and when they are on the foot the proportions are even more obvious.

I have a pair of the MMM. I also have a pair of the Adidas BW Army. I've never actually worn the Sambas (I've always hated the lettering on the sides) so maybe you are right.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
i'm thinking he probably meant the uk store, or possibly one of the high-volume us stores, the uk site has a shitload of acne: http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/bin...&searchex=acne

the us site doesn't have any trace of acne, nudie, or apc.

UO has slowly been expanding their business, only reaching just past 150 stores (less than 20 of which are in europe, with none in asia) in the past 2 years. like some retailers they have some specialized boutiques aiming at a different market, like space 15 twenty in la.

while the buys for each store are different, but afaik there were no plans to roll out nudie, apc, or like that in the 2+ years i worked there. it just wasn't feasible due to the number of stores they had. even shades of greige started out as an online-only exclusive, and only select stores received the quoddy, pendleton, and filson collabs.

since they're running like 14 stores in europe stocking european brands would be easier i guess.

Yeah, you're right. I conveniently skipped over the part where he said UK stores for some reason.

Originally Posted by chronoaug
UK urban outfitters has also been selling april77, nudies, apc, filippa k, acne, and other stuff like that (think opening ceremony buys a year ago or oak). Rarely see anything in town but levis 511 in terms of "stylish" jeans if those count. Don't think it'll make much difference. In the US they'd probably run like $80-100 at UO and why would most people that shop there buy them when they could just get chucks, vans or chinatown white sneaks for much cheaper? Personally i like when UO carries things i like because ****'s always available at sales

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
you might should just buy some chinos and hem them into decent shorts.
I have, those get boring though Is the problem with my "jorts" in particular or "jorts" in general If it's the former I'm all ears, if it's the latter tough *******

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads