The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APK

APK Senior member

Fcking hot in NYC

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hanes
    MMM (Marshalls Mystery Meat; no tag)
    Puma

I know you're on that budget tip right now, but I'd be interested to see what you could do with some better pieces and maybe some tailored mall-level stuff. You've got the frame to really stand out if you start wearing some more interesting/better clothes (no homo).

2. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

disagree with van Witzlebean - I think sneakers (which should be white anyway) are just shoes, and should not be prematurely worn out - I just cleaned my white Achilles lows today with a magic eraser because I like crisp ass white sneakers. If we all lived in Paris or London where every possible place was photogenic and made H+M look cool, I might cross over to the dirty side, but I prefer me some clean sneakers and relatively clean dress shoes as well. There's no reason to be dirty.

Good to see that I'm not alone in this opinion, since I was never able to relate to the "They look nice, but will look even better once they're worn-/broken in and look dirty and fucked up..." comments whenever someone posted a brand new, spick and span pair of sneakers. If I want my sneakers to look dirty for a more rugged, vintage, or even semi-goth-ninja-look, then I just buy a pair of stained Bratos, painted Margielas, DD Silents, or something along these lines. If I buy a clean, all white pair of sneakers, such as CPs, though, then I handle them with care, try to keep them in as-new condition ( obviously except the soles ) and aesthetically pleasing as long as possible and would never tar them - compared to sneakers that are intended for sports activities, or even "winter beaters" - with the same brush; quite contrary to boots and casual shoes, which I prefer a little beaten up and characterized by the signs of time. Well... I guess it also depends on the individual person's clothing style and overall appearance, though. Hardcore Xili Bro followers probably won't pull off spotlessly clean, shopwindow-crisp sneakers very well...

3. APK

APK Senior member

I don't know if I'd be mentally capable of allowing something as costly as CP's get scuffed and beat down. I think it's fine with the Chucks/Vans of the world, but even then, it's more a natural progression of wear over intentionally trying to thrash them.

4. as_

as_ Senior member

5. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

There's a happy medium between stiff, creaseless sneakers and completely grimy little things like in the destroyed canvas sneaker thread.

6. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

I love the look and eye catchiness of a bright white sneaker but I can see why someone would prefer them beaten up.

7. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

I dislike beaten up sneakers, but prefer mine to look like they aren't brand new. Worn in and some wrinkles are perfect.

8. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Up by my pool, post Spanish victory!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

There's a happy medium between stiff, creaseless sneakers and completely grimy little things like in the destroyed canvas sneaker thread.

This, but I know a dirty little secret on how to restore the cp/raf/lanvin sole to beautiful whiteness.

10. APK

APK Senior member

One problem with worn shoes as white as fresh snow is that they conjure up thoughts of old dudes living down in Sarasota.

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

That's why you clean the uppers too (didn't know I had to post that).

12. sebastianm

sebastianm Well-Known Member

Nice outfit sq4you! I really like the contrast between the shoes and the pants plus the polo fits great!

Edit: What watch are you wearing? Looks like Bell&Ross but i could be wrong?

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I know you're on that budget tip right now, but I'd be interested to see what you could do with some better pieces and maybe some tailored mall-level stuff. You've got the frame to really stand out if you start wearing some more interesting/better clothes (no homo).
    Thanks. I try [​IMG] To a degree I was kind of fucking around with that last post... I knew the WAYWT council would hate it; I just wanted to see how much. Once it gets cooler (it's still in the 90s at night here) and I have a reason to dress nice I will post some more serious fits. In due time...

14. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Nice outfit sq4you! I really like the contrast between the shoes and the pants plus the polo fits great!

Edit: What watch are you wearing? Looks like Bell&Ross but i could be wrong?

thanks dude. yeah its a bell & ross phantom

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Up by my pool, post Spanish victory!

stuff all looks good together

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.