• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I plan to lose some weight and get in shape over the summer anyway, so I'll see how that turns out. Nice CP cop in the baller sneakers thread, btw.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
No kidding. You should see if you can get his spectators from him, they're among the best shoes I have ever seen.
I was tempted but I figured since I was getting all white Tricker's, navy/white specs would be overkill despite a good price.

Also I like how most normal people have no idea about shoes. One of my friends was over for a short time and saw them sitting out in the open and just said something like "oh hey I had shoes exactly like this when I was in the army". If the army is giving out shoes that badass then sign me up.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Just wore for a business dinner, wouldn't post pics like this normally (I don't like doing robot poses in my shoebox apartment) but figured I'd let PG know his shoes have a good, tiny home.

rr8nxx.jpg

2ldxb1h.jpg

72xf60.jpg
axk2l4.jpg

i came

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earnest Hemingway
Noted. I keep deluding myself that my legs are long enough for the sneaker tuck. Considering my proportions, are there any situations where it would work?

being able to tuck into sneakers/high-tops doesn't depend on one's height as much as people think. it has more to do with how skinny you are. for starters, skinnier legs generally look longer. second, when you are skinny, tucking into high-tops generally just looks better. take the picture in the baller sneaker thread with the two asians (one of which is wearing spandex and lanvin trainers). it looks pretty dope to me. if he had thicker legs/thighs, on the other hand, it would be major fail. taller people with wide legs/thighs and high-top tuck look equally bad as short people with big legs/thighs.

synthese: the suit looks good. i think the other guy was right about shortening the pants a tiny bit but i think it looks good as is. some break is good too sometimes. makes you look more casual i think

aeglus (or should i say PG): those shoes are amazing

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
being able to tuck into sneakers/high-tops doesn't depend on one's height as much as people think. it has more to do with how skinny you are. for starters, skinnier legs generally look longer. second, when you are skinny, tucking into high-tops generally just looks better. take the picture in the baller sneaker thread with the two asians (one of which is wearing spandex and lanvin trainers). it looks pretty dope to me. if he had thicker legs/thighs, on the other hand, it would be major fail. taller people with wide legs/thighs and high-top tuck look equally bad as short people with big legs/thighs.

synthese: the suit looks good. i think the other guy was right about shortening the pants a tiny bit but i think it looks good as is. some break is good too sometimes. makes you look more casual i think

aeglus (or should i say PG): those shoes are amazing

Yeah, this is true about sneaker tucks and a good reason why Asian dudes can pull it off so easily. Sometimes I wish I had stick legs but pushing up a bunch of weight feels too good.

My extreme baller shoe count is now at: 2 (Enzo Bonafe and these, a. testoni and rosetti aren't baller enough)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
^^Depends which Testoni... some of them get up in the 2k range and that ain't even counting the croc stuff.
Originally Posted by sq
being able to tuck into sneakers/high-tops doesn't depend on one's height as much as people think. it has more to do with how skinny you are. taller people with wide legs/thighs and high-top tuck look equally bad as short people with big legs/thighs.
So nice being able to actually do this now without it looking off.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks all.

This is strange. The pants must be sagging a little bit; they're cut to have no break. Maybe it's due to the jamming of the hand into the pocket, but believe me, I'm right there with both of you. Perhaps I'll have to go back to the tailor...

c00kz

Reaction score
I agree.. but I think I'd go further and say it's not even really how skinny you are; it's how your clothes fit. You could take a really skinny dude and put him in tight pants but he'll still look like a hipster dork tucked into sneakers, or a girl, note the mentioned azn dude with the spandex. There has to be some looseness of fabric. Usually, fabric stretched taut over your body is going to make you look less thin than if it were relaxed. Take a look at runway models, it's not like the 44's they're in are pulling at the seams or anything. Op, I think you could still plausibly pull off the sneaker tuck, big several hundred pound hip hop guys have been doing it for a while (w/ a straight, if not slim silhouette) but not with such slim fitting clothes on your frame. If you sized everything up 1/2 or at least gave everything some slack, and maybe went with wider shoes, I could see it working fine.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Damn, JD. I swear you're smaller with every day. Though you look much better due to the better pose/posture. That blazer fits you great. Is it patterned or plain black? You might be my size now. You ever decide to wardrobe purge again, hit me up about that. Also don't really like the shirt much. Not a huge fan of the overall fit for some reason but not bad. Close probably

Synthese- Looks good. You dress well from what i've gathered in your fits. Especially like your f+b boots (i think magician has the same ones). Keep wearing those things. They're badass. i feel like a beggar child combined with the jd comment but i think we're the same size so pm me if you decide to sell before creating a thread haha.

aeglus- Will pile on with the rest. Those shoes are incredible. Cherish those bad boys. Beautiful looking.

earnest hemmingway- Nothing about that is working, man. Sorry. I know we're both bostonians but the cardi and jeans don't look that good individually and combined with the boot tuck it's worse. Not about you being short, maybe a bit because you're not skinny, but that cardi isn't doing you many favors either. No biggie. Just back to the drawing board

stazy/landho/nn- Good **** as always. Stazy's fit would probably look a lot better with better lighting on no flash on the camera. Flash always makes materials like that look ******. Also, it's hard to find someone alive who has more fun than landho. Hanging out with him an evening is a goal of mine next time i'm in nyc more than a day.

scottm- Blazer is cool **** but i know you can figure out a way to put it to better use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads