• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think elisix(sp) just wants to dress like a regular casual guy but in his thirties and not look like a fashion poof or anything (i.e. not like many here, often including me). If I wanted to do that I'd mix something like this:

APC (jeans, boots, outerwear)
Kitsuné (Sweaters, sweatshirts, polos)
Boo (for shirts)
Some Nike hi vintage and say common projects for sneakers
Porter or something like that for bags

Maybe spice it up wit a few Junya and Geller pieces and call it a day.

Absolutely spot on in every way. Even the brands you mention are the ones which stick out for me.

I see a lot of the fits in here and while I admire them, many are too young looking and in many ways portray an 'emo' look.

I hate to say it, but they make some of the guys in their 20's and 30's look like much younger guys.

Anyway, back in the office today so..

APC
Industrie
Anderson's
Industrie
Mr Hare

94057443-D48E-4E2A-B065-C5C7EF98FE56-210-00000009B141C65B.jpg

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
it means we're supposed to dress mc when we hit thirty

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps not as extreme as an emo, but certainly quite hipster. If you knew what younger guys dressed like in Melbourne in AU you might understand what I mean.

The whole TOJ leather jacket looking like your straight out of the 1970's look with super skinny jeans and boots etc. It's just a look which I associate with younger guys who appreciate an edgier look.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't think you know what emo or hipster means.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps. I've still got a lot to learn.

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The whole TOJ leather jacket looking like your straight out of the 1970's look with super skinny jeans and boots etc. It's just a look which I associate with younger guys who appreciate an edgier look.

:confused:

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of, every time I look at my jeans they look to me like they need a taper. I'm already at a 7" hem, so I can't tell if I've just been browsing WAYWT too much (actually not possible, for all you noobs and lurkers out there: browsing/posting in WAYWT is the best thing for you) or if they actually need a taper.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's something from a few days ago.

No offense no matter what you look like you're out of r/malefashionadvice than styleforum lol.

MMM
ToJ
SNS
Hanes
T by AW
MOMA

Now this should be what SWD should be all about. No **** but if I was a chick I would definitely want on.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: BoO, it was popular b/c before 2008/9 slim button up shirts weren't that easy to find (unless they were super slim, like stretch blend fabric stuff). BoO hit the trend sweet spots of prep, slim, made-in-US, and limited distribution (with an ever-so-slight LA-sleaze edge). Since then that's become a very crowded market (Gitman, Black Fleece, etc., plus mall brands have slimmed their shirts) and the trends have left prep and made-in-US behind.

Was surprised to see at the Golden Globes that Aziz Ansari wasn't wearing BoO. He was a big booster of the brand for awhile.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ha my girlfriend keeps telling me I dress like a hoodlum lately, I'm just waiting for the day when someone approaches me for drugs (3)

you holdin? can i score some drugs please?

it means we're supposed to dress mc when we hit thirty

you can also start earlier if you like. or not at all. i dont think 30 is any kind of real marker. :D

yes i know he was joking.

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to dress pretty ravey (bright plaids / neon shirts, not 90's candy raver or anything) a few years ago and would get asked if I had molly constantly.

Last edited:

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My last first day of school (unless I get into grad programs and then god knows)

Everything is old news, except the sweater which was a gift from a friend. Hand knit, 50 wool / 50 alpaca.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads