• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

I unno, I think snow went the hard path by picking high tops over boots, and I think it looks awesome

snow should have a fit battle with another next lvl ultra-consistent poster here...Snow vs. Synth, maybe? Or Shah? Again, name HAS TO start with S

his fit is fine even with the longer cardi, if you block out the bag he doesn't look short

thank you for such flattering words but i'm neither next lvl nor ultra-consistent, i'm anachronistic disorder which makes me a lover not a fighter ... however i can promise you another snow x shah fit sometime in the relatively near future, if you'll accept that in stead.

cardigan/jacket is great

agreed !

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wool sweater and sandal combo looks off.

ya i just wore that cuz i was at home. wore shoes when i actually left (and my coat)

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
first shot looks like you're hiding a midget under your jacket somehow, maybe clinging to your upper left thigh, ready to pounce when you open the jacket.

second looks good except sandals don't quite fit w/ sweater.

DividedWay

Reaction score
cardigan/jacket is great. viridi-anne?
VA- picked it up from a tiny shop in Matsuyama, and I love it to death, though the inside of the sleeves is starting to pill a bit (probably doesn't help that it gets caught on velcro every so often)

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

his fit is fine even with the longer cardi, if you block out the bag he doesn't look short
thank you for such flattering words but i'm neither next lvl nor ultra-consistent, i'm anachronistic disorder which makes me a lover not a fighter

I like this sentence/attitude a lot.

There is too much emphasis on reputation.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate those pants, Bene. And those ridiculous lapels on the fit you posted earlier.

Also, are you a second year? It seems odd that you're pouring all this money into clothing that you will never get to wear again after this school year. I get to wear non-hospital clothes at most once a week these days.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hate those pants, Bene. And those ridiculous lapels on the fit you posted earlier.
Also, are you a second year? It seems odd that you're pouring all this money into clothing that you will never get to wear again after this school year. I get to wear non-hospital clothes at most once a week these days.

Everyone wants to be my financial planner!

Idk what to tell you man. I got plenty of boring dress clothes for the wards that I can wear and a few nice suits for the occasions that merit it. I don't really buy nice clothes for medical school things. Seems pointless since you wear a white coat over it anyway.

I guess its a perspective thing. Idk why people spend so much money to get drunk and/or high every weekend. I might as well buy things I find aesthetically pleasing. Will get to wear them eventually, even if tis to the chagrin of some folk.

Last edited:

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty simple:

Geller x Levi's
Kicking Mule
Safari 87's (1st re-release)

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Everyone wants to be my financial planner!

Idk what to tell you man. I got plenty of boring dress clothes for the wards that I can wear and a few nice suits for the occasions that merit it. I don't really buy nice clothes for medical school things. Seems pointless since you wear a white coat over it anyway.

I guess its a perspective thing. Idk why people spend so much money to get drunk and/or high every weekend. I might as well buy things I find aesthetically pleasing. Will get to wear them eventually, even if tis to the chagrin of some folk.

but i can buy clothes and alcohol and drugs

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well that's fine!

I just don't really spend my cash on other stuff other than gifts for people here and there and some groceries.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually could use a financial planner (2)

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

actual financial planner here, i wouldn't mind a client that dresses nice

When I am a resident I will def hit you up! :)

My inability to plan beyond myself is one of the many reasons I intend to never start a family :embar:

Last edited:

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All power to you if that's what makes you happy, but I've found that buying nice clothes to wear in the hospital (things really don't get ruined as much as people might lead you believe) allows me to enjoy choosing/wearing my outfits on a daily basis. I might not have as fashion-forward of a wardrobe that I had in college or the early years of med school, but I've found that there's something fun about nice ties, shoes, pants, etc. too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads