• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I can say about Bay Area pizza is that Amici's was ridiculously overhyped and that nothing is better at 4AM than coming home to deep dish leftovers from Paxtis. And Google's crust and sauce needs serious improvement

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Amici's is pretty whatever - it was probably a result of the expectations.

Moo you should check out Tony's. You can probably find Youtube vids of him doing crazy pizza acrobatic **** too, I know he's been on Food Network/TV a bunch.

I'm surprised there aren't any trendy restaurants in the bay making high end pizza pockets / pizza rolls as some sort of appetizer. Surely it's been done somewhere to reviews of "clever whimsy" and "upscale nostalgia".

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
any of those places have he certificate from Naples ? is that still meaningful ? went to two they were pretty tasty but I still prefer what I make at home thats not like real pizza at all but anyway ....

istasi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what did you have? there are some that aren't that great and some that are ******* great so all depends on what you order
squash blossoms are good as **** and i also get the caprese with pane bianco, ******* amazing

Had the fennel sausage, salame and chile deal rec'd by the server, and one other that I don't remember, was back in the spring. Fennel sausage was great as expected but the others were forgettable.

Maybe best bruschetta I've ever had though. Also had a butterscotch budino for dessert that was really ******* good.

Basically, I enjoyed the appetizers and dessert a lot more than the pizza, which was kind of a letdown.

Last edited:

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a place in the Tenderloin that will make you a burrito x calzone hybrid that's essentially a hot pocket on steroids (with the concomitant volcano explosion on the first bite). Probably the best food I ate while I was in the Bay after Joya, but my standards are low and palate unsophisticated.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Gemignani also received his Master credentials from the Scuola Italaina Pizzaioli and is the proprietor of the International School of Pizza where he certifies chefs from around the world. His most impressive accolade to date is being named the official U.S. ambassador of Neopolitan pizza by the city of Naples, a prestigious title only given to three people in the entire world. In 2011 and 2012 Tony won two world titles in cooking, making him an 11 time world champion."

Not sure if applicable Shah.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Homemade is good/fun too, but I don't try to emulate the same stuff I like from restaurants. Simply don't have the heat.

There are some people in SW&D that live near Pizzeria Bianco in Arizona right?

is it good worth stopping in bianco ? you mean the one in Phoenix ?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dunno, I would hope so - but I don't see myself making a trip to Phoenix just for pizza. IIRC it won a crapton of awards as the best pizza in America?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Had the fennel sausage, salame and chile deal rec'd by the server, and one other that I don't remember, was back in the spring. Fennel sausage was great as expected but the others were forgettable.
Maybe best bruschetta I've ever had though. Also had a butterscotch budino for dessert that was really ******* good.

next time the alla benno and meat lovers and the above **** i recommended

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you're ever in Copenhagen, mother has the best pizza in the city, bar none. Only a couple blocks from the best microbrewery in town, Mikkeller Bar.

Or you could drive for about 10 minutes to Senzanome and get an Aragosta & Caviale Beluga (w/ 1 whole lobster flambéed w/ Cognac + 30 grams of Beluga Caviar).

It's $350, but then they throw in a bottle of Champagne.

No, you can't get it to go and no, I haven't tried it :laugh:

Last edited:

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

There's a place in the Tenderloin that will make you a burrito x calzone hybrid that's essentially a hot pocket on steroids (with the concomitant volcano explosion on the first bite). Probably the best food I ate while I was in the Bay after Joya, but  my standards are low and palate unsophisticated.

Joya in PA? That's where my wife and I went after we signed our house papers. :nodding:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
booked tix to Phx will check it out Saturday tanx cyc

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pizza places in nyc for meat lovers? planning a visit. will dedicate it to getting fat.

I haven't had any real quality NYC pizza, just the sketch late night joints at 3am run by really shady lookin dudes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads