• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
I want to really, really love this, but you have got to get a more casual blazer. That said, I still love the change. Lookin' mean, Mr Van Buren.

Or maybe I should just wash & dry?
wink.gif

But in all seriousness, you're absolutely right, blazer is the weak point of this fit by far. I'm thinking linen. But like dark still. Not tan.

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure a more casual blazer is necessary TBH. it looks worn-in enough to work with the jeans, plus it works proportionally (i.e. doesn't look abducted from a suit)

Reaction score
I want to really, really love this, but you have got to get a more casual blazer. That said, I still love the change. Lookin' mean, Mr Van Buren.
Jesus this place is becoming way too pretentious.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Jesus this place is becoming way too pretentious. 

How is this even slightly on-the-mark? It looks like a blazer you would wear with trousers, the way we've seen SvB do for years now. I didn't say that was bad, I said I liked it. Loved it, even. He knows it, we know it - jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers; there are plenty of people here and elsewhere who showcase blazers with the aforementioned and it looks ******* great. Again, I'm pretty sure my homie van Buren knows this. This is what styleforum is ******* for: talking about style and clothing, and I think that the button stance in particular is imperfect with the rest. But imperfection means that there is room for growth, and growth is life.

Or, if you like, I could just say that everything was ******* perfect all the god damn time and there was no reason to try any more. Maybe prince charming will come and take you away on his pony, too! But only if you're pretty!

Last edited:

Cacatfish

Reaction score
I agree that a casual cut linen blazer would look good with that SVB photo, but Iit would rob the fit of that perfect Guido / coke dealer sleaziness that gives it so much steeze.

Last edited:

Reaction score
How is this even slightly on-the-mark? It looks like a blazer you would wear with trousers, the way we've seen SvB do for years now. I didn't say that was bad, I said I liked it. Loved it, even. He knows it, we know it - jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers; there are plenty of people here and elsewhere who showcase blazers with the aforementioned and it looks ******* great. Again, I'm pretty sure my homie van Buren knows this. This is what styleforum is ******* for: talking about style and clothing, and I think that the button stance in particular is imperfect with the rest. But imperfection means that there is room for growth, and growth is life.
Or, if you like, I could just say that everything was ******* perfect all the god damn time and there was no reason to try any more. Maybe prince charming will come and take you away on his pony, too! But only if you're pretty!
What is "growth" in fashion? I'm sorry I don't believe such a thing exists considering that what constitutes a good or bad outfit is highly subjective.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Imagination, progression, the desire to change - I think it would be awesome if SvB could mix his office and casual wardrobes in a away that made him happy. I'm talking about growth as a person, and the will to experiment - I'm not actually sure what your post is referring to. How is subjectivity related?

Reaction score
Imagination, progression, the desire to change - I think it would be awesome if SvB could mix his office and casual wardrobes in a away that made him happy. I'm talking about growth as a person, and the will to experiment - I'm not actually sure what your post is referring to. How is subjectivity related?
Lol you brought up "growth" and I'm curious if such a thing exists in fashion. Once again I dont think it does.

For example..... while some may consider going from an outfit like this.........

to this.......

to be growth. If you asked regular people walking along the street 95% of them would say you went from looking like "a very well dressed young man", to "a homeless man I would not want around my children". What makes us here at styleforum right and them wrong?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads