• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCrunchx

Reaction score

Good to see the doublecock trouser COCKBULGE worked itself out after that fitting. I know exactly what you mean about the waist suppression and it not coming out in photos. The reason is more because the jacket is so short, and it doesn't have a skirt to flare into, it's a visual thing. Also, the color does not lend itself to this illusion.

thought you were cola before checking your username.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting kinda chilly. Apologies for the messy dorm room -- will clean next time. I just decided to snap a quick picture before heading out. :)

P1030484.jpg

J. Crew
Ervell
Epaulet (no vis)
Epaulet
Happy Socks (no vis)
Alden
Porter (no vis)

I wish I had a few baller knits, but I'm not careful enough with my clothes to keep them from getting fucked up on campus... and I can't afford to keep replenishing them as a income-less college student.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ivwri, looking stylish and comfy, as always.

Snow, what are those techy looking pants you're wearing? I really, really like them. You look more comfortable in that outfit than you usually do.

theyre lanvin ss11. i am comfortable in these, i dont think i have worn much else since getting them. i was thinking of making some bootleg versions for myself in an assortment of colours, straight up ripping off the cut :laugh:

+1 to ivwri, blk on blk on blk yohji is a great look.
+1 to artishard, geller so good.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

ps I think the jacket and the trousers just don't work as a suit. Fortunately, I think you could salvage the whole thing by wearing the trousers on their own for work, and then wearing the jacket with jeans fits, it's way too short but actually just about the right height if you want to wear a skinnier jean as you do.

You're totally right about the length and the effect it has on the suit in general, plus you were right about the doublecocks. Took my jacket back to the tailor today, looked so much better after pinning the sides and slimming the sleeves. Only thing can't fix is the length. Will put up another fit to see if it works or not. The idea behind this suit was kind of a cool/loungy suit to wear when I didn't need to wear a suit.

And what jeans would you wear with a gray blazer? :/

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

theyre lanvin ss11. i am comfortable in these, i dont think i have worn much else since getting them. i was thinking of making some bootleg versions for myself in an assortment of colours, straight up ripping off the cut :laugh:

+1 to ivwri, blk on blk on blk yohji is a great look.
+1 to artishard, geller so good.

Yeah, pants are really dope.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

Black, son

Yeah, the one kind I don't have. My APC PS are too small to wear now. I've got waxed black, gray, and every color of the rainbow but not black somehow.

Reaction score
IMG_0819.jpg

helmut lang sweater
alternative apparel drapey tank thing (whatever you want to call it)
splendid leggings
my new rick boots
philip lim 3.1 bag

just got these boots, am officially obsessed with them. what do you think, am i wearing them right?

Last edited:

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ thatgirl, looks great.

Yeah, the one kind I don't have. My APC PS are too small to wear now. I've got waxed black, gray, and every color of the rainbow but not black somehow.

otter's bootcamp?

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same. Got the Uniqlo T000 now instead.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing special today, just my average teaching get-up. Although it involves a nod to the whole jackets and ties thing, it really doesn't go in MC at all - no pretense at tailoring involved! - and I guess it's pretty much in line with the current denim revivalism thing. Again, picture quality is dire and makes everthing look a lot bluer than it is - but until I find my digital camera this is what I've got...

Details:
Shirt - JCrew small blue gingham
Vest - Old Town Harris Tweed
Tie - unbranded tweed
Jeans - Naked and Famous Slim Guy Nep Selvedge
Socks - Paul Smith
Shoes - La Natura Lista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads