• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lol

And guess what. Swatch already makes a Speedy homage watch. Same movement as the MoonSwatch, but: (1) steel case and bracelet instead of painted plastic and velcro, (2) ~$50 less expensive, (3) you can buy one (online nonetheless), and (4) nobody gives a **** about it!

You can’t make this **** up.

3B6D9CF5-9537-42DA-9788-86E8C7D244A7.png

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If not mentioned already, this is the new Omega launch that everyone should be excited about:

View attachment 1772004

I already mentioned this a couple days ago . This is a really nice watch and the best of the Omega releases. It’s a shame that Omega barely gave this one a mention.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol

And guess what. Swatch already makes a Speedy homage watch. Same movement as the MoonSwatch, but: (1) steel case and bracelet instead of painted plastic and velcro, (2) ~$50 less expensive, (3) you can buy one (online nonetheless), and (4) nobody gives a **** about it!

View attachment 1772010

I know this watch, and honestly, prefer the MoonSwatch. There are tons of Speedy homages. They are boring. The interesting thing about the collaboration is that it's an Omega Swatch, and uses interesting co-branding and also, in the case od the Alaska Project and Moon Watch one, mimic the dials, hands, and other features of the Moonwatches, while being very obviously a Swatch..Plastic case, velcro band, etc... Which have that streetwear nod.

The above does not do any of that. It could just be a pretty generic watch in the Irony line.

tldr: The appeal of the MoonSwatch is that it is an Omega Moon... Swatch. It's not an homage. It's an amalgam of an iconic piece and streetwear. with both the Omega and Swatch branding.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
let
I know this watch, and honestly, prefer the MoonSwatch. There are tons of Speedy homages. They are boring. The interesting thing about the collaboration is that it's an Omega Swatch, and uses interesting co-branding and also, in the case od the Alaska Project and Moon Watch one, mimic the dials, hands, and other features of the Moonwatches, while being very obviously a Swatch..Plastic case, velcro band, etc... Which have that streetwear nod.

The above does not do any of that. It could just be a pretty generic watch in the Irony line.

tldr: The appeal of the MoonSwatch is that it is an Omega Moon... Swatch. It's not an homage. It's an amalgam of an iconic piece and streetwear. with both the Omega and Swatch branding.

Also, only the MoonSwatch will leave a bit of itself on you every time you wear it. It’s the Patek of really, really cool intra-conglomerate collaborations: “you never actually take off a MoonSwatch …”

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So seeing these Moonswatches in HD on YouTube and such, well, they look cheap. The case and finishing is consistent with the price. How it is compared to other similarly priced watches, I'm not sure, but this case looks pretty bad.
ah, foo got there first

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol

View attachment 1772010

Not really seeing that much of a Speedmaster homage apart from being a chronograph and that’s an ugly watch. Also, the Velcro strap isn’t just an afterthought cheap strap. Omega has already made Velcro straps for the moonwatch for years.

Last edited:

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought a Sinn 104 secondhand a few months ago. It seems to be losing about 2 minutes over the week, which bugs me. How is WatchBuys as their service center vs other? I just want it done right and accuracy restored. I've done some reading on magnetized effect on time keeping so may call my local jeweler regarding that. Any comments are appreciated. Maintenance on this is new to me. Thanks.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taste in precious metals can evolve and it often depends on the shade of gold. 3N is a standard shade of yellow gold. 4N is pink gold, but almost looks like yellow until it is put next to a yellow gold item. 5N is pink/rose gold, and has more copper ...go much darker its its too orange. Anyway, years ago I only liked white metals, or pink or rose gold. Yellow gold seemed too in your face and too 1980s. Now, I've grown to like yellow gold and would consider adding the right yellow gold dress watch to my collection (but most companies these days are offering a lot of rose gold or white gold). I owned a white gold Daytona years ago. I'd never buy a white gold watch again, unless I loved the watch and it was the only metal in which it was available. I found it didn't look that different from my steel watches, and it never got much wrist time because it didn't seem special. Platinum is very cool. I love the heft it adds to most watches, its more difficult to mine, produce, and work with platinum, but it is far more durable than gold. Its the ultimate stealth precious metal.

I prefer rose gold myself. That said I think they both have their place. I tend to see rose gold seasonally as more of an autumn or winter metal and yellow gold as more spring or summer. Ultimately though I think it really depends on the watch. I just can’t see an Everose 126613LB or a yellow gold 126711CHNR (though the latter would be more palpatable). I also couldn’t see a two-tone Santos on a bracelet with rose gold.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If not mentioned already, this is the new Omega launch that everyone should be excited about:

View attachment 1772004

I caught that when Monochrome released that article, and while I do rather like it (stupid strap aside), it's not in serious consideration for me. But what does make me excited about this release, is that it might lead to Omega actually releasing a watch that I would want to get - something not too far from this one: Same style case (same size or maybe 1-2 mm smaller), time only (but less design elements than this sector dial), automatic but with no 'Co-Axial' text, could have applied or painted hour markers with no or little lume, bonus points for old style logo and wordmark. I imagine that they do have something like that in their back catalogue that they could re-issue next.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not gonna lie. I’m more interested in what Tudor might show this year then Rolex. I’d love to see a new Ranger more in line with what it was originally created as.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix