• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey-- I also have a degree from Tabland. Part of the trajectory of my gentlemanly downward mobility.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When it comes to a blue watch faces ... I'll take Oxford over Cambridge. However, Cambridge makes a nice room color. ;)

thuhoan

Reaction score
Blue VCO is boutique exclusive, so in addition to blue versions of a lot of watches being more desirable in general, it’s also harder to get.

Right now, yes. Years ago I was ready to pull the trigger on the blue VCO. I got the call and went to the AD just to find out that it didn’t look great on my wrist. Even with discount I declined the offer. Till this day I am still in love with the VCO, but from pictures only. They say never meet your heroes, right?

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can be quite "good". I recall an attempt at pickpocketing me ... in Lisbon. I was younger then ... and somewhat buff. I foolishly assumed someone was fondling my rear. Well, at least that got me to turn and foil their efforts. A minute later the pickpocket was successful with my spouse. It was an older woman with a big bag. We cornered her but the locals -- perhaps her assistants -- came to the rescue. She got away. All she got was a good wallet and a few hundred Euros ... but the credit cards and the ID's were what bothered us.
Doing the tourist thing in Europe I always leave wallet in the hotel safe. Credit card and one ID in front pocket with a little cash in the other front pocket. Phone in hand or in jacket breast pocket.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never felt in danger when wearing a watch. Really, I have never felt too in danger period, despite likely being in dangerous circumstances.

Recently, I was at a grocery store in a not-so-great location wearing my 5205, doing an early-morning grocery run, and was approached by a homeless man who asked for money / cigarettes. I was with my son, who is still a baby. I went back in to the store, gave him $40 because it was Christmas, and I was never worried or anything - he was a nice guy, and he had no intention of robbing me. However, I was cognizant of the life-changing amount of money on my wrist, and that it was kind of stupid to wear this while I was looking after my son.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doing the tourist thing in Europe I always leave wallet in the hotel safe. Credit card and one ID in front pocket with a little cash in the other front pocket. Phone in hand or in jacket breast pocket.
Living in Europe for years, I never got pickpocketed or mugged. People used crowbars to take apart our mailboxes in Geneva whilst I was heading out at 4am, and drug addicts did break into my apartment and shoot heroin whilst I was away, but never had these issues "in person". I sometimes wonder what tourists are doing to attract this magical criminal attention.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
similarly, I've worn my 16710 pepsi on my wrist virtually every day for the past 18 years, from West Baltimore to Greenwich, and I can count on both hands the times that someone has mentioned my watch at all.

that being said, with the increased value and popularity of watches I have updated my insurance accordingly knowing that its not worth my life or my health, and I can replace it if necessary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads