• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have so much more respect for criminals overseas. Barcelona for instance has pickpockets that spend generations perfecting their craft.
They can be quite "good". I recall an attempt at pickpocketing me ... in Lisbon. I was younger then ... and somewhat buff. I foolishly assumed someone was fondling my rear. Well, at least that got me to turn and foil their efforts. A minute later the pickpocket was successful with my spouse. It was an older woman with a big bag. We cornered her but the locals -- perhaps her assistants -- came to the rescue. She got away. All she got was a good wallet and a few hundred Euros ... but the credit cards and the ID's were what bothered us.

pmeis

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the VCs, but I guess ultimately it's like anything else. Certain colors are more desirable than others.
Blue VCO is boutique exclusive, so in addition to blue versions of a lot of watches being more desirable in general, it’s also harder to get.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They can be quite "good". I recall an attempt at pickpocketing me ... in Lisbon. I was younger then ... and somewhat buff. I foolishly assumed someone was fondling my rear. Well, at least that got me to turn and foil their efforts. A minute later the pickpocket was successful with my spouse. It was an older woman with a big bag. We cornered her but the locals -- perhaps her assistants -- came to the rescue. She got away. All she got was a good wallet and a few hundred Euros ... but the credit cards and the ID's were what bothered us.
It works the other way around too. I got very deliberately man-handled in Sitges (where my cousin lives) one night and, while trying to explain without the benefit of any proficiency in Catalan that I'm not on that team, my phone and wallet also mysteriously absented themselves.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It works the other way around too. I got very deliberately man-handled in Sitges (where my cousin lives) one night and, while trying to explain without the benefit of any proficiency in Catalan that I'm not on that team, my phone and wallet also mysteriously absented themselves.
No matter how it goes down ... it ruins much of the day.

My father-in-law was distracted be a group of women in Paris. They lifted his wallet.

Last edited:

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey-- I also have a degree from Tabland. Part of the trajectory of my gentlemanly downward mobility.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When it comes to a blue watch faces ... I'll take Oxford over Cambridge. However, Cambridge makes a nice room color. ;)

thuhoan

Reaction score
Blue VCO is boutique exclusive, so in addition to blue versions of a lot of watches being more desirable in general, it’s also harder to get.
Right now, yes. Years ago I was ready to pull the trigger on the blue VCO. I got the call and went to the AD just to find out that it didn’t look great on my wrist. Even with discount I declined the offer. Till this day I am still in love with the VCO, but from pictures only. They say never meet your heroes, right?

Last edited:

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have some nice close-ups of the dial? Have a proxy in Boston.
You didn’t think my closeups were nice?! I’m heartbroken. Just kidding. I’ll see what I can do. I recommend watching this video, even though the beauty of the dial is very difficult yet to photograph:

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members