• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. There was an 18KYG one with s white dial that I got a couple of months ago for only marginally more than this piece. I've got it in service right now being cleaned (needed it).
I’m also a big fan of the full name written out in script on these. It’s a mouthful but for some reason I find it much better than just plain IWC

• Love
Reactions: RSS

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There’s a disturbing pattern of watch thefts at gunpoint in downtown SF at the moment. At least four that I know of in the last couple of weeks. A guy was pistol whipped for a Rolex yesterday and quite badly injured. Feels like the street criminal element is waking up to rising values and ease of disposal on the gray market. Not great.
mandatory case engravings , boom solved

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s a disturbing pattern of watch thefts at gunpoint in downtown SF at the moment. At least four that I know of in the last couple of weeks. A guy was pistol whipped for a Rolex yesterday and quite badly injured. Feels like the street criminal element is waking up to rising values and ease of disposal on the gray market. Not great.
That's crazy. I remember reading about cyclists being robbed of high end road bikes at gunpoint sometime in the last couple of years. It may have been the Bay area if I'm not mistaken. Your thieves have very good taste!!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wear a fake Rolex, keep the real one in a home safe. Problem solved.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Insure the watch ... and when you are approached by a man with a gun (or knife), fork it over. I will die for my country ... but not for a damn watch.

I have a number of reasons I don't care for Rolex ... and the fact it is recognizable by nearly everyone as $$$ is a big one. The less you show, the less trouble you'll have. If you are going to wear a Rolex and walk about in any large city (frankly anywhere in public) ... keep it under your cuff.

But hey, guys no longer carry as much cash ... the thieves had to find another way to "make a living".

Last edited:

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watch theft has me pretty freaked out, actually. I’m super aware when people at bars and restaurants seem to be trying to make out my watch...it’s also one of the reasons that even though I’d really like a full gold gmt, Daytona, or DD, I’ll likely get something of equal or greater “value” that is much less recognizable...

Even wearing a modest, ubiquitous Rolex sub feels risky these days...

Reactions: RSS

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just young venture capital analysts having some fun after work. They'll have the edges sanded down in business school soon enough.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve said this before, but everyone here should be properly armed and trained. I have enough weapons and ammo to supply a small Bolivian guerilla group. Shit would go down awfully quick if someone ever got cute with me.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Where do you usually take inspiration for your style? Choose up to 3 answers

• Styleforum & other menswear forums

• Instagram

• TikTok

• Reddit

• Fashion Magazines

• Fashion Blogs