• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There was an "interesting" scene that played out in Florida very recently. BMW driver (state GOP official) hit a Prius. After words were exchanged he rammed the Prius and started pushing it. Level headed guy, obviously. He then fired into said Prius ... probably thinking the fellow was unarmed ... I mean it was a Prius. The Prius driver drew a gun and killed the BMW driver. Good going!

I'm just waiting for more shootouts at the OK Palm Beach Corral. I don't think this was in Palm Beach ... but I liked that thought.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There was "interesting" scene that played out in Florida very recently. BMW driver (state GOP official) hit a Prius. After words were exchanged he rammed the Prius and started pushing it. Level headed guy, obviously. He then fired into said Prius ... probably thinking the fellow was unarmed ... I mean it was a Prius. The Prius driver drew a gun and killed the BMW driver. Good going!

I'm just waiting for more shootouts at the OK Palm Beach Coral. I don't think this was in Palm Beach ... but I liked that thought.
'Murica

• Sad
Reactions: RSS

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve said this before, but everyone here should be properly armed and trained. I have enough weapons and ammo to supply a small Bolivian guerilla group. Shit would go down awfully quick if someone ever got cute with me.
I roll with a bokken - same but different?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The arbitrage between different color dials is getting pretty weird. You can pay close to list price for a VC Overseas in silver or black, but pay a 50% markup or more if the dial is blue.

Same with Rolex-- there are some Tiffany/Cambridge blue dials that seem to be getting absurd premia.

Any back story there?

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The arbitrage between different color dials is getting pretty weird. You can pay close to list price for a VC Overseas in silver or black, but pay a 50% markup or more if the dial is blue.

Same with Rolex-- there are some Tiffany/Cambridge blue dials that seem to be getting absurd premia.

Any back story there?
Those asking prices are just illusory, aren't they? War profiteers trying to ride the wave of the Nautilus Tiffany dial. Doubt anyone is actually paying those prices for "Tiffany" blue OPs, etc.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those asking prices are just illusory, aren't they? War profiteers trying to ride the wave of the Nautilus Tiffany dial. Doubt anyone is actually paying those prices for "Tiffany" blue OPs, etc.
No idea. But what about the VCs? Why would the blue dials be generating an extra $20k asking price-- except that they do look really cool?

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea. But what about the VCs? Why would the blue dials be generating an extra $20k asking price-- except that they do look really cool?
I'm not familiar with the VCs, but I guess ultimately it's like anything else. Certain colors are more desirable than others.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As @NakedYoga said, certain colors are more desirable than others. Back when there were AP ADs, and when you could walk into AP ADs or AP boutiques and they had ROs in showcases, blue dials were in higher demand and took longer to get than white or black dials. In addition, blue dial Nautiluses were in higher demand than white dial versions.

Not being able to get blue dial VC Overseas models and the premium for them, is from what many people have said, fueled by the inability to get Nautiluses and ROs. Can't get sports watches from the other members of the Big Three...the overflow goes to VC.

Reactions: RSS

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Insure the watch ... and when you are approached by a man with a gun (or knife), fork it over. I will die for my country ... but not for a damn watch.

I have a number of reasons I don't care for Rolex ... and the fact is is recognizable by nearly everyone as $$$ is a big one. The less you show, the less trouble you'll have. If you are going to wear a Rolex and walk about in any large city (frankly anywhere in public) ... keep it under your cuff.

But hey, guys no longer carry as much cash ... the thieves had to find another way to "make a living".
I have so much more respect for criminals overseas. Barcelona for instance has pickpockets that spend generations perfecting their craft. Our thieves pull a gun and for a car/watch/bike robbery. Where's the skill in that? No creativity.

boring.jpg

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the VCs, but I guess ultimately it's like anything else. Certain colors are more desirable than others.
The blue Rolex Skydweller sells for a significant premium.

Featured Sponsor

Where do you usually take inspiration for your style? Choose up to 3 answers

• Styleforum & other menswear forums

• Instagram

• TikTok

• Reddit

• Fashion Magazines

• Fashion Blogs

• Friends & Acquaintances

• Celebrities/influencers

• TV Shows & Movies

Results are only viewable after voting.