• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Pre C19, the Cartier, Hermes, VCA boutiques in Houston would always be empty or have just a handful of customers. The shopping center where they're all located (including John Lobb) is normally always empty except for people watching movies at the iPic theater or dining at the restaurants in that area. Even now, it's the same. Empty stores except the restaurants.

Can confirm.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
BTW. Did they close the Chopard boutique?

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
LOL burn.

Ya know, I saw one of those friggin' Alpine Eagles in the window and it looked pretty, pretty good :colgate:

Dial was amazing. Not even joking.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW. Did they close the Chopard boutique?
Yep, it's closed for good. Idk why Chopard would even open a boutique. They just don't get enough turnover to justify having a boutique in Houston.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apple is making major $$$ right now. Every time I pass an Apple store there's a line outside, and the two times I've been inside the store getting help every associate was busy. A few months ago the stores were taking walk-ins, but if you didn't have an appointment you could be waiting for awhile.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In NYC, most luxury stores right now are appointment only. Hell, Apple in Chelsea is appointment only.
This is happening with most of the shops on Madison ave I believe as well from what I’ve heard from friends. Personally, I think it’s a better model as shops don’t feel as clustered (esp. tourists) and it’s probably better for the employees/staff to control the foot traffic.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels are also making people do this.
I walked into the Cartier shop in Copenhagen a couple of days ago, not even considering that this was a thing, and the first thing the doorman asks me is if I have an appointment. Answering 'no' he continues to ask if he should find someone to help me (so I guess just browsing would have been an option too), after which he magically conjured someone from the back room. Granted, there was only one pair being serviced in the shop at the time.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to Patek/Rolex Boutique today...hoping I see at least a few new models in the "flesh"...

pmeis

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that Hermes, Cartier, and Van Cleef are just jam packed with appointments all weekend. Especially now since it's been a year since initial lockdowns.

When I picked up my watch two Mondays ago, my appointment was right as the boutique opened. I was there with 6 other people who also had 11am appointments. As we were waiting to be let in, no less than 10 other groups/people approached the door. The doorman said they were booked up for the day, but that they were taking names/numbers down in case there were no shows or quick appointment opening some space. This was a Monday morning!

The Cartier boutique at the same mall was booked up according to their online appointment scheduler for three weeks when I looked into it a couple weeks ago.

This was at Short Hills Mall in NJ.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I picked up my watch two Mondays ago, my appointment was right as the boutique opened. I was there with 6 other people who also had 11am appointments. As we were waiting to be let in, no less than 10 other groups/people approached the door. The doorman said they were booked up for the day, but that they were taking names/numbers down in case there were no shows or quick appointment opening some space. This was a Monday morning!

The Cartier boutique at the same mall was booked up according to their online appointment scheduler for three weeks when I looked into it a couple weeks ago.
Where is this at? I guess the Houston boutiques are much slower.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This was at Short Hills Mall in NJ.

This is the boutique where we bought my wife’s bracelet.

Though foot traffic is probably decreased in the appointment-only model, I’m sure in some way SAs prefer it since they only devote time to serious customers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads