• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s so nice living somewhere walkable again. I’ll never move somewhere not walkable.

3 or 4 minutes via train downtown or a 30 min walk

A few minutes from the beach

And 3 min walk to my local gym.

Down around 10 lbs since I moved back and should be able to get back to 190ish shortly

IMG_1909.jpeg

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The wrist wear is inevitable.

I always wonder if people post these kind of things because their own life is so empty of anything of note happening that finding subgroups to crap on is the best use of their time, or because of an inability to accept the diversity of changing generations and demographics and the post-modern exit from a dominating, oppressive monoculture. Although most likely it's just about collecting ad bucks with content most likely to shift the reader from logos to thymos.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At first I thought the guy in the middle might be George Red. Double fisting in a track suit, but the watch is too loose on the wrist. The gatekeeper clearly doesn’t understand the SPF protection those awesome hats provide.

Last edited:

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The guy in the middle isn't real. You can tell by his beard and teeth. There is no way that's a real person and not a Sim City character or something.

Jersey Shore version of Steve-O on the right.

The bucket hat indoors with sunglasses look is certainly interesting.

(The hat)

CLH03

Reaction score
The guy in the middle isn't real. You can tell by his beard and teeth. There is no way that's a real person and not a Sim City character or something.

Jersey Shore version of Steve-O on the right.

The bucket hat indoors with sunglasses look is certainly interesting.

(The hat)
Looks good on him though🤣🤣

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This past weekend I went to my local Cartier boutique to pick up the new strap for my Tank LC XL. I had lost a significant amount weight in the last 2 years and the old strap was now far too long. I simply replaced it with a shorter classic black semi matt alligator.

While I was there, I notice the new steel large Tank Americaine in one of the showcases. It's slightly shorter, narrower, and thinner than the previous model. It has a new movement, caliber 1899mc, which eliminated the date and seconds hand, which allowed them to reduce the case thickness by 1mm.

The unlike my Tank LC, or Santos, rather than a guilloche or sunburst dial, this dial is sort of a vertical brushed finish. It has the classic Roman Numerals, that get larger towards the corners, and the V of the Roman VII has the "Secret signature." It also has the larger more modern style winding crown, set with a blue spinel. I know many people here are not fans of the deployant clasp, but I really like the modern version with safety buttons on the sides.

So I walked in intending to pick up the new strap for the Tank LC XL, and ended up walking out with a second Tank too! :-D

Overall the curved case is very comfortable, but it makes it one of the tougher pieces I've ever tried to photograph. Oh well, a small price to pay.

So far I'm very happy with it. It came with a dark blue alligator strap, that is too long, so they have a shorter one in a slightly different shade of navy blue (with a black lining) on an expedited order for me.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This past weekend I went to my local Cartier boutique to pick up the new strap for my Tank LC XL. I had lost a significant amount weight in the last 2 years and the old strap was now far too long. I simply replaced it with a shorter classic black semi matt alligator.

While I was there, I notice the new steel large Tank Americaine in one of the showcases. It's slightly shorter, narrower, and thinner than the previous model. It has a new movement, caliber 1899mc, which eliminated the date and seconds hand, which allowed them to reduce the case thickness by 1mm.

The unlike my Tank LC, or Santos, rather than a guilloche or sunburst dial, this dial is sort of a vertical brushed finish. It has the classic Roman Numerals, that get larger towards the corners, and the V of the Roman VII has the "Secret signature." It also has the larger more modern style winding crown, set with a blue spinel. I know many people here are not fans of the deployant clasp, but I really like the modern version with safety buttons on the sides.

So I walked in intending to pick up the new strap for the Tank LC XL, and ended up walking out with a second Tank too! :-D

Overall the curved case is very comfortable, but it makes it one of the tougher pieces I've ever tried to photograph. Oh well, a small price to pay.

So far I'm very happy with it. It came with a dark blue alligator strap, that is too long, so they have a shorter one in a slightly different shade of navy blue (with a black lining) on an expedited order for me.

I have the older version and agree that the safety button deployant is much better than the prior folding the strap version. I have both and never use the fold the strap version.

Only thing I really dislike about the Americaine is that it's impossible to wind with the crown. I leave it on my winder when I don't wear it.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think this was an attempt to reply like it was a Jeopardy answer

Congrats!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads