• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just with the new Snoopy and Ed White. Everything else that’s normal production, they don’t care.
How the **** can they even control that, though? They can't. Once it's yours, it's yours. Even if you sell it, what are they going to do? What can they do? It's Omega. Not like you can't buy them anywhere else.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the **** can they even control that, though? They can't. Once it's yours, it's yours. Even if you sell it, what are they going to do? What can they do? It's Omega. Not like you can't buy them anywhere else.
Obviously they can’t stop me if I wanted to but I won’t be be able to get future limited production watches short of me becoming a whale and buying all the slow moving ****.

The manager did throw in the bracelet for me for free to wear with the watch when I bought it.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Obviously they can’t stop me if I wanted to but I won’t be be able to get future limited production watches short of me becoming a whale and buying all the slow moving ****.

The manager did throw in the bracelet for me for free to wear with the watch when I bought it.

Dealers snoop around online. If they find out you are flipping things, they may not sell to you in the future. But depends on the dealer.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Might be a bit tougher with Omega, since ADs sell them at some local malls. However, if you flip it all they have to do is enter your name on a database of names not to sell you limited editions, hard to get models, or maybe anything at all.

A friend of mine recently purchased an AP Code earlier in the year and then he wanted and purchased an Offshore Diver watch. When he went to pick up the Offshore Diver, he got a friendly warning from an AP boutique that they where aware he sold his blue dial 15500 within a year of his getting it (from another boutique location). He took it to mean, if he flips it, he will be cut off from future purchases.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dealers snoop around online. If they find out you are flipping things, they may not sell to you in the future. But depends on the dealer.
I know that, but it’s nearly impossible to identify watches listed on third party sites. They blur out serial numbers (except for Antiquorum). The hide any receipts. Like, nobody would know.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my friends got caught flipping, since the watch he sold was still under warranty, and the subsequent buyer contacted the company to register it in his own name.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing some brokers going as far as blurring entire Eisenkiesel dials on DD40s they have for sale :rolleyes:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know that, but it’s nearly impossible to identify watches listed on third party sites. They blur out serial numbers (except for Antiquorum). The hide any receipts. Like, nobody would know.

Well, this is partially why I only sell to vendors now. But still, if the watch makes it back to the maker or the original AD for warranty service …

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
honestly, ADs acting as self-appointed gatekeepers is bunch of bs; it is my watch, I can do whatever the hell I want with it. also this is the front page of HQ Milton, lawl!

1638818711602.png

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’m STILL on the list for mine. 3.5 years now when it was estimated to be around 18 months when I signed up!
Keep me in mind if you put it up for sale.

These “lists” …

Happens once in a blue moon that anyone gets called without greasing the wheels. Realistically, you have to spend to get. It you do it smartly, you may not lose much money. You might even make some.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Snoopy and Ed White are limited production watches and which makes it easier for Omega to track vs the standard Speedmaster.

Also in the US, the Snoopy is only currently sold through boutiques. I've only see one Snoopy allocated to an AD in the US so far.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Snoopy and Ed White are limited production watches and which makes it easier for Omega to track vs the standard Speedmaster.

Also in the US, the Snoopy is only currently sold through boutiques. I've only see one Snoopy allocated to an AD in the US so far.

Same with the Ed White. It is boutique only. Theoretically, ADs will eventually get them, but I haven’t seen that happen yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads