• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I, for one, am happy that he wore what he wanted, and didn't go for something cheap (ahem, Clinton, Obama) just to not appear wealthy.
Well, when Clinton and Obama came to office they didn’t have money. Joe did.

Politics aside, he’s always been a snappy dresser. His casual outfits are always pretty formulaic but his suits are well cut.

It will be nice trying to spot what watch he’s wearing when in public.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A Misokoshi Speedmaster is my daily wearer (Thohgh honestly, I haven't worn a watch in a while).
Modded Speedmaster or a true Mitsukoshi?

My daily was my Seamaster 300M Pro (about 4 years) until I got my AP RO 15400. I wore that nearly everyday for about 3 years. Since C19, I've been mainly wearing my Seamaster or Speedy FOIS.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Datejust or Speedmaster are not really expensive watces. They are well within the reach of most moderately affluent people. It's not as though he made a show either way,l either wearing a Casio or a rainbow Daytona.
No, I agree, but I think there has been a bit of a stigma about wearing a Rolex or even Omega for several pre-Trump presidents.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, when Clinton and Obama came to office they didn’t have money. Joe did.

Politics aside, he’s always been a snappy dresser. His casual outfits are always pretty formulaic but his suits are well cut.

It will be nice trying to spot what watch he’s wearing when in public.
Obama might not have been WEALTHY when he entered the White House, but he had been in the Senate making > $150k for a couple of years, and his wife was making over $400k at her law firm. He could have had a nice watch if he wanted, he probably just didnt really think about watches.

Same thing with Clinton. He was the Governor of Arkansas for fuck's sake, the Casio was exactly on brand for who he was at the time.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obama also made a bucketload of money on his 2(!!!) self-indulgent books.

Joe’s been in the Senate his whole life, where you really don’t make bank unless you’re corrupt. So hat tip to his China-funded Rolex selection. It is good to see a decent watch in the White House.
Fuck off back to your qanon circle jerk support group.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to let this stand just so that I can say one thing: no politics in the thread please. If you want to hear even my political opinions, you will have to get yourself over to Current Events.
The exact reason for my post...

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to steer as far as possible away from politics as possible, please. For fuck sake, our daily lives (here in America, at least) are saturated with that shit.

However, a valid point somewhere there emerged: the OPTICS of wearing a watch, whatever it may be. The “baggage” of wearing a watch is such an interesting dynamic. I once owned a Rolex Day-Date 40 in solid gold and champagne dial - the Soprano watch, but updated. It was my grail watch. I loved it so much. One day, when I was a younger man, I flew to Michigan to meet with a client. I wore it to the meeting. He kept looking at it. At the end of the meeting, and after about an hour of post-meeting discussion, he said “if you think I’m going to pay you [my hourly rate] just so you can buy another fucking Gold Rolex, think again, pal.” I sold it two days afterward and it taught my young, senseless ass a valuable lesson: mind your wrist, for everyone else may.

Let’s stay amicable and centered, gentlemen. Thank you.

P.S.: I still love you, Annie (that was her name)
01BDBC73-72F2-48C9-8F67-E33CA5AD24F1.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.