• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Commande Speciale, @Dino944 , is not something that i had considered, fairly sure the cost would be prohibitive even if Cartier were willing to add to an already limited run. That will not stop me asking my SA at the Melbourne boutique. The hunt has been long. Thanks.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do y’all think of the Omega 50th anniv Silver Snoopy? Not the best time to impulse buy a watch, but it caught my eye
Update on Snoopy 50. I called the OB and they said I was closer to the front of the list (no idea how I'm near the front since I don't really spend a lot there) and I should expect something later this year or early next year. This depends on when shipments start which the boutique said at best later this year and who in front of me isn't ready.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Commande Speciale, @Dino944 , is not something that i had considered, fairly sure the cost would be prohibitive even if Cartier were willing to add to an already limited run. That will not stop me asking my SA at the Melbourne boutique. The hunt has been long. Thanks.

It's definitely worth inquiring with your SA. My SA has offered in the past to ask Cartier about a custom piece or customized piece if an item just wasn't right for me. They do not always agree to do certain requests, and the cost can be high. However, the market in recent years has been quite strong on rare, low production Cartier pieces...so that may offer some consolation about the high price. Wishing you luck and keep us posted.

JonF

Reaction score
I'm guilty of owning a limited edition Speedy. I have a thing for blue dials!

Attachments

• Gemini_1.jpg
    Gemini_1.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 62

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOMOS finally releases the Lamda in stainless steel. Originals were only available in gold. Love the blue face. Still, $7,500 is too much for a NOMOS I think.

I think that watch looks fine when all the hands are lined up for promotional photos. I think it would be a disaster to read in reality.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that watch looks fine when all the hands are lined up for promotional photos. I think it would be a disaster to read in reality.
I really like the art deco feel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads