• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever actually USED the chronograph function on a watch? If so, for what? The only thing I can think of is pulling a shot of espresso but then again my ECM Synchronika and my Acaia Lunar scale both have shot times. I appreciate the mechanics and like the idea, but just never use it.
As a lawyer it’s helpful when I need to track my time for billing.

an draoi

Reaction score
The microwave at work is in a room down the hall from my office. I suppose I could just wait by the microwave rather than going back to my office, but four to five minutes is actually pretty long when you have nothing to do.

Aaah, I was wondering this also. I assumed you must still be using an old heirloom microwave - you know, with the hand crank to work the magnetron - where you can never really trust the accuracy of the built-in egg timer.

Now, please explain why you need to time your washing machine?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now, please explain why you need to time your washing machine?
I live in a pre-war co-op building with communal washers and dryers in the basement. Some residents (generally married couples with small children) have installed apartment-sized washer/dryers in their unit. I live by myself and have neither the money nor the space nor the need to do so.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Not sure if this is frowned upon, but I am going to list for sale - her and on ebay - an Oris Aquis Clipperton Limited Edition. It will be priced to move and I purchased it from an authorized Oris dealer where I live, so box and papers included. The watch is in mint condition, except for the deployant clasp, which has "desk diving" marks. Here's a sneak pic. Let me know if you're interested before the watch goes up for sale.
View attachment 1331802
View attachment 1331803

For all those reading. We talked recently. He is a genuine nice guy. And i thank him for his time.

That watch is a deal to be had.

an draoi

Reaction score
I live in a pre-war co-op building with communal washers and dryers in the basement. Some residents (generally married couples with small children) have installed apartment-sized washer/dryers in their unit. I live by myself and have neither the money nor the space nor the need to do so.
Ah, you see I like to race my machine against the stated cycle times in the manual.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FB3283EC-B5A7-406B-8780-E10E98CFCC5E.jpeg

I thought this thread could use more photos. Back on my wrist after nearly one year and two services later.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interest Check.
I am possibly letting this go to make way for an Incoming piece.
Black Skydweller - 326934
Purchased from an AD
Unworn, un-sized and complete set with all stickers intact.
PM me if you have serious interest, for more pics and pricing.
Located in NY - so face to face would be preferred .

Attachments

• IMG_1851.jpg
    IMG_1851.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1852.jpg
    IMG_1852.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 81

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, like a huge nerd, I measured the dial of the old Omega 145.017 Deville Chronograph, and that of my 42mm modern Speedmaster. The modern Speedy measures 32mm in diameter, and the DeVill measures 31mm, just a tad smaller. If someone has the FOIS, I think that you'll find that it's somewhere around there as well. The bezel takes up a lot of the case size.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, like a huge nerd, I measured the dial of the old Omega 145.017 Deville Chronograph, and that of my 42mm modern Speedmaster. The modern Speedy measures 32mm in diameter, and the DeVill measures 31mm, just a tad smaller. If someone has the FOIS, I think that you'll find that it's somewhere around there as well. The bezel takes up a lot of the case size.
There aren't many watch guys who can claim to not be nerds about it. I've recently taken to photoshopping my watch into stock pictures with companies' straps to see if I like them on my watch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads