• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally got caught up...I thought these 3 new eps were pretty good. Sad to see Rick throw out Tyrese's crew, but maybe I'm just attached to that actor because of The Wire.

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking Tyrese's crew are in Woodbury under Rick's orders?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Am I the only one thinking Tyrese's crew are in Woodbury under Rick's orders?

Yes. Unless his whole meltdown is a big fakeout, and what would be the point of that?

Last edited:

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they genuinely left the prison as it was seen in the show and there will be another run in between Rick and the Governor, where Tyrese will end up joining with Rick's crew (maybe Tyrese will see the different shades of the Governor more clearer than Andrea.) or maybe it will slip that Andrea knows Rick and them and tells it straight to Tyrese.

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This episode was amazing. First time in a long while that I feel that. Morgan.
frown.gif

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Episode really was great. Morgan's appearance was epic.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As much as I like Morgan, **** me that was a ****** episode.

lefty

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny that the first person with an ounce of sense is the crazy one.
I loved his baited zombie traps and general use of props.

Why did you hate it Lefty, I thought it was decent as a one off. Picking up the bag at the end was a bit over the top but I thought it drove the point of the episode home nicely.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watch with only one eye so I may miss some things, but...

They're within hitting distance of Rick's home town and he never thought to mention it or say, "hey y'all, I know where some guns are."

Everyone talk about the prison as if it was suddenly built last year. If Rick's home turf is within a few hours he (and everyone else) would know of this prison.

Stuck in the mud for 30 secs and suddenly a bunch of Z's pop up from under the car. I'm getting a little tired of bad guys that move like molasses when you are looking at them, but like the ******* Flash when you aren't. Nonetheless, they casually dispatch the group from possibly the most difficult postion possible. Okay, they're stone cold Z killers.

The cafe scene was awkward as hell. They look in and see a resting Z? No shambling about. Unnecessary and pointless shot. Carl then reaches for the doorknob and M pulls him off. Cut to him 50' away walking briskly from the cafe but saying he needs to get in there. Where the hell was he going?

Then M comes up with the ridiculous plan of tossing on some caged rats as a distraction. But earlier that day they smacked the **** out of the Z's in the mud. Why not use the door as a bottleneck and one at a time - bang/stab/bang/stab until the 10 or so Z's are dead? By the way, why they hell are there so many Z's inside this cafe?

The cages go in and we see the Z's crawling and pawing at the rats inside. We have earlier seen these F***ers rip a horse apart, tear off someone's arm, bust through doors, but here they're as weak as babies.

Okay, they sneak inside and OMG Zombies! Run! Run! What happened to the stone cold killers? M alone could have taken care of them.

They make it outside but need to get back in to get the photo. Carl waits for M with his back to a glass door and Z's clawing for him on the other side and he looks as if he doesn't have a ******* care in the world. He might as well have been chewing a stem of grass and whistling the theme to the Andy Griffith show. But the worst example of lazy writing is M going around the back and coming out with the pic 8 sec later. Are you ******* kidding me? You went in, searched, possibly fought off a few Z's and make it back out in record time?

I hate the way the writers make the Z's and the characters act in contrary ways just to advance the plot.

lefty

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I just finished watching the episode, and agree completely with lefty. Michonne and Carl standing in front of a flimsy pair of doors while a dozen Zs paw at it was one of the worst bits in the entire show.

Morgan was pretty good though. I just wish they'd written him back in as a permanent character, but I guess that would be too many black people on the show at one time.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, fair enough. Truth be told I'm so used to the Z's abilities being all over the place I've almost learned to ignore it. Maybe the ones in the cafe were slow and weak b/c they had not fed.

Something that has bothered me from the start is the fact that they are in the south, everyone has guns, and they sell bullets everywhere. You can load up at a ******* gas station. The Z's ripped through **** so fast that families were broken up, homes randomly abandoned ect. And like 80% of the population is now dead. So there would be literally millions of rounds of ammo to be found, in every house, store, Big 5 ect. Even if some was looted early on, that just means that cars and trunks and so on would be full of horded rounds. Yet there is very little proper scavenging done by Rick and Co.

Morgan seems to be the only one that actually got his end of the world prep on.

Last edited:

Vickt

Reaction score
They said somewhere, might have been a producer interview and not even on the show I forget, that some Z's are basically "hibernating" and only wake up when they are disturbed. I think they were talking about how Herschel got surprise leg chomped.

As for the ammo... seeing as they fire wantonly, get in extended firefights, and never seem to actually run out, it's probably safe to assume they do scavenge a lot. Don't they always talk about needing more guns and not ammo? Maybe semantics, but they could just be looking for more rifles and semi-autos to fight Woodbury. That could explain why Rick never went back to his old town. They had plenty of ammo, but no reason to need more than just handguns vs zombies.

I agree with disliking the schizophrenic way the chars interact with zombies though. One second they single handedly dispatch 20 of them, the next they have to concoct an elaborate plan and scramble for their lives. It would have been more in line with their previous attitude to open the cafe doors and kill the zombies one by one while having a casual conversation.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure why they bothered with that plot line unless they plan to work him back into the show. I thought the episode was good, gave some insight into how the last few independent survivors are holding up (not well). The odd groups of ppl in cars that have managed to survive this entir mess with little to no prep struck me as being completely rediculous.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I watch with only one eye so I may miss some things, but...

They're within hitting distance of Rick's home town and he never thought to mention it or say, "hey y'all, I know where some guns are."

Everyone talk about the prison as if it was suddenly built last year. If Rick's home turf is within a few hours he (and everyone else) would know of this prison.

Stuck in the mud for 30 secs and suddenly a bunch of Z's pop up from under the car. I'm getting a little tired of bad guys that move like molasses when you are looking at them, but like the ******* Flash when you aren't. Nonetheless, they casually dispatch the group from possibly the most difficult postion possible. Okay, they're stone cold Z killers.

The cafe scene was awkward as hell. They look in and see a resting Z? No shambling about. Unnecessary and pointless shot. Carl then reaches for the doorknob and M pulls him off. Cut to him 50' away walking briskly from the cafe but saying he needs to get in there. Where the hell was he going?

Then M comes up with the ridiculous plan of tossing on some caged rats as a distraction. But earlier that day they smacked the **** out of the Z's in the mud. Why not use the door as a bottleneck and one at a time - bang/stab/bang/stab until the 10 or so Z's are dead? By the way, why they hell are there so many Z's inside this cafe?

The cages go in and we see the Z's crawling and pawing at the rats inside. We have earlier seen these F***ers rip a horse apart, tear off someone's arm, bust through doors, but here they're as weak as babies.

Okay, they sneak inside and OMG Zombies! Run! Run!  What happened to the stone cold killers? M alone could have taken care of them.

They make it outside but need to get back in to get the photo. Carl waits for M with his back to a glass door and Z's clawing for him on the other side and he looks as if he doesn't have a ******* care in the world. He might as well have been chewing a stem of grass and whistling the theme to the Andy Griffith show. But the worst example of lazy writing is M going around the back and coming out with the pic 8 sec later. Are you ******* kidding me? You went in, searched, possibly fought off a few Z's and make it back out in record time?

I hate the way the writers make the Z's and the characters act in contrary ways just to advance the plot.

lefty

This is a fair critique and I thought about exactly the same things. This season has so many plot-holes it's starting to get to me. Especially about the prison. He was a cop and didn't know about the prison so close to his home all along. Everything seems to be so conveniently placed and staged it's getting old. I like laziness is the best way to put it. The writers need to get back on their game. I'm hoping the inevitable show down provides for more excitement.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, they're now on to their 4th showrunner so who knows what exciting things they have in store for us.

I'm also watching The Following which is a ridiculous series about a serial killer, yet very watchable for the simple reason that the characters act rationally and consistently within the show's world.

lefty

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads