• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Empire

Reaction score

Supima T-shirts are on sale at this moment both online and in stores. 

New Airism T-shirts are in a mesh fabric unlike their former silky version. A step up as far as airing the shirts out, not so much in terms of how they feel. Airism boxers are still in the original fabric and those have felt great so far.

They did some mens vests in the mesh fabric last summer which i preferred to the silky stuff.

CityMap

Reaction score
Supima T-shirts are on sale at this moment both online and in stores.

New Airism T-shirts are in a mesh fabric unlike their former silky version. A step up as far as airing the shirts out, not so much in terms of how they feel. Airism boxers are still in the original fabric and those have felt great so far.

Not sure in America, but in Japan there were always two types of airism.. a silky one and a mesh one (the mesh one being supposedly cooler).

we also have two types of heattech. one thicker and warmer than the other.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i definitely remember seeing mesh airism in the past. and heattech extra warm has been available in the US since at least last winter.

Last edited:

NYLON

Reaction score
On the topic of Airism innerwear...

The 1st (silky, non-mesh) version IMO the better between the two.

Mesh felt ...just not right under a shirt and the texture is less preferred.

Been wearing my AIRisms for about 3 years now. Still holding up but the white ones have yellowed due to the weather.

Perhaps the mesh versions might work better by itself, maybe to the gym.

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I didn't notice last year. It doesn't help that the U.S site doesn't emphasize on this either. You really have to see this in stores to make out the difference.

I like both fabrics for different purposes. Silky ones are great for sleeping or simply as an undershirt, but the mesh ones definitely feel better when you're sweating.

Last edited:

CityMap

Reaction score
I guess I didn't notice last year. It doesn't help that the U.S site doesn't emphasize on this either. You really have to see this in stores to make out the difference.

I like both fabrics for different purposes. Silky ones are great for sleeping or simply as an undershirt, but the mesh ones definitely feel better when you're sweating.

that's pretty interesting. in Japan, they are in your face with slogans like "its 1.5x cooler!" (and for the extra warm heattech.. its 1.5x warmer!!)

I personally prefer the mesh one. it does feel cooler and dries faster. But if using as a stand alone shirt (I know many guys here wear it as their only layer in July/August).. the silky one is better.

As for the heattech.. the extra warm is definitely worth it. It's noticeably warmer.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i spent last winter in the upper reaches of the subarctic and heattech extra warm was a godsend

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lemaire supima sweater is fantastic. Also tried the creme which is unfortunately white in person. If it was off white or creme wouldve picked up for sure. This is a chinese large, im around 186cm 76kg

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that supima sweater looks nice.. wish the white was off white. might just get a ervell pocket sweater

arcturuz

Reaction score

the uniqlo x lemaire oxford shirt is fairly nice but is super short, i am returning it. also probably returning the extra fine cotton shirt.... kinda disappointed that the lemaire shirts aren't any better than the regular uniqlo shirts.

the lemaire linen blend shirt which has the same cut as the oxford got even shorter after a wash

Rais

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered the khaki cotton twill jacket and pants online. The size chart was reasonably accurate. Material and construction are better than Uniqlo's usual offering. The jacket is overpriced I think at $AUD130, but the pants are good value.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads