• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
rkd take a deep breath and stop copping for a week son

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So if you have been following my updates and reviews i.e. Uniqlo wool trousers, I have one coming up for their shirts:

Just received their Fine Cotton Uniqlo Oxford in slim fit and I have to say it wears pretty nicely without being overly slim. Slim fit I have noticed that the arms are slimmer, and the body tapers every so slightly. If you do not have a large drop like myself, it is a nice shirt.

I would recommend this to anyone who needs a shirt for the office and whom is not required to wear a tie everyday.

The fabric on the other hand is rather thin for an oxford shirt. Not thick and it is a bit transparent but should not show your nips. Compared to a shirt by WvG let's say, the material is on the thin side. It is very much like a dress shirt, smooth hand. Also the slim fit aspect does not suppress your waist, punishing those who may not be naturally thin, or have huge drop.

I like it for the lightness of the fabric (you do not need linen if you have this shirt for summer) and fit. I can provide a better comparison once the regular fit Oxfords come in. I am assuming the arms are a bit fuller along with the body, material will be a bit heavier.

UU oxfrod is nice for what it is and I do not mind the smaller collar as Teger pointed out. The sleeves are a bit short, but nothing I will fuss about. It is meant for casual summer wear for me, and I find it can be worn unbuttoned with a uneck or vneck underneath. Small details that some may appreciate like the hem and sleeve. I do not care much for it. Overall I like it and will order a black and blue perhaps. (Leave the white oxford to the normal Uniqlo line).

All are size Small. Again, I have several non-slim fit Uniqlo oxfords coming in as well ($14.90 promo deal) that will give me a better idea of the overall shirt offering. For those who were wondering, the fine cotton oxford was on promo for $19.90, not sure if the extra cost is warranted. Retail is $29.90 and $39.90 respectively. Perhaps the extra $10 is because the fine cotton looks nicer, more suitable as a dress shirt than the former.

And for those who maybe curious, Uniqlo spread collar dress shirts are also nice.

I have tried plenty of shirts IMO and TB still is the best. But as I hold no real significant value to shirts as in the "end game" I find they all rook same, and fit can always be manipulated via tailors, aside from the ones who may have prints and structurally different designs.

Last edited:

baconzilla

Reaction score
Copped the Easy jacket and pants and heres my 2 cents. If you want to get on that loose flowing yohji silhouette cop the easy jacket and pants in black and wear as casual suit. The pants drape really nicely imo and would be a slimmer asobu/ivri look for cheap.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
what the **** is this easy jacket

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Kind of a cross between a jersey cardigan and a jacket. Dark grey pictured below.

EnzEG.jpg

NOZWr.jpg

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I crashed my bicycle pretty hard, was wearing my my the uu blue rider jacket. Scrapes all on my hand, elbow, forearm, but no apparent damage to the jacket at all! My geller flight pants on the other hand...

ETA: Nvm, read your post wrong. Thought you scraped up the jacket on the elbow and arm area.

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NOZWr.jpg

Dat Japanese hustler swag

Copped the Easy jacket and pants and heres my 2 cents. If you want to get on that loose flowing yohji silhouette cop the easy jacket and pants in black and wear as casual suit. The pants drape really nicely imo and would be a slimmer asobu/ivri look for cheap.

Have you washed the pants? I think I read a comment that they turn into a sweatpants after a wash..

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Chemist

Reaction score
Heres a picture of the fitting of the slim "oxford" cloth shirts. For £20 I cant complain but as members here have said earlier, they are nothing like your standard oxford weave shirts. This is quite light to be honest, perfect for the summer but the material could be better. I also copped one in light blue, and like Samir the blue one feels much better in terms of overall fabric than the white version.

mystix

Reaction score
Ugh the Fine Cotton Uniqlo Oxford is too small for me in XS. The regular oxford fit me and I was hoping these would too.

If anyone want these at cost in Canada send me a PM.
I got both white and blue for 14.90 + $10 suddenlee charge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads