• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phrost

Reaction score
I thought the fabric shell on the White Mountaineering parka felt a bit cheap. The fabric had that slippery feel to it that I'm not a fan of. Also, I thought the micro fleece lined hand pockets were a bit shallow. On a really cold winter day, I'd probably wish for a deeper hand pocket to keep my hands warm. I did like the waterproof chest zippers.

Here's some of the things that I thought were worth buying.

I got 2 pairs of the U regular fit selvedge jeans. They are high rise, typical of the U line, but a regular straight leg fit, which is rare for mainline Uniqlo these days. My only minor complaint is the incredibly thin cheap fabric used for the front pockets that I know will tear. I remember they used to use thick durable cotton fabric pockets for all of their pants, but for $20 on sale, I can't complain.

I also got the U wide fit jogger pants. They're well made with thicker cotton fabric and have 5 useful pockets. They're very baggy so I had to size down one. These remind me of old school military pants, like something that Engineered Garments would put out.

The last thing I got was the +J oversized down parka. I was surprised that it's pretty substantial and well made. I really liked the hidden chest pockets and the removable zippered hood. My regular size was wearable but slightly long in the sleeves and a bit oversized, so I sized down one for a slightly more fitted look.

I had trouble deciding between the solid olive and two-toned dark navy/olive green. The solid olive is subdued and timeless while the color blocked navy/olive green one stands out more and is more on trend. Since I already have a bunch of military jackets in olive green, I ended up choosing the navy one.

Last edited:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought black jeans from Uniqlo recently? Is there any color bleeding to worry about?

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Picked up a couple items from the +S collection on a whim (felt like it was time to get some new workout gear). I'm pretty satisifed with the long sleeve shirt and tights - they're superior to heattech imo. The padded jacket is a nice alternative to ULD as well since its got stretch and none of the down leakage. Obviously, it doesn't pack down to a soda can but I like that its warm yet doesn't overheat, and the matte texture has a nice feel. The functional backpack hasn't arrived yet but looking forward to using it for overnight or weekend trips instead of lugging around a weekender, or even day trips to the beach where I can stuff in a bunch of stuff. I was going to pass on it but got curious after seeing that it sold out quickly on the japan site, and since its 35L capacity (all my backpacks are quite a but less)

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got lucky with finding my size on this J+ blouson. Totally worth getting especially since it’s hybrid down

2E73AAE7-0265-4AF6-A4F6-69CF15CF5B81.jpeg
B489F1FA-AA14-49A1-98DB-1CD705E6C9E8.jpeg

jm22

Reaction score
Sorry to ask about Muji in a Uniqlo thread but does anyone have sizing tips for Muji's french linen washed short sleeve linen shirts? TTS, size down?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any tips on sizing the White Mountaineering oversized fleece pullover? I bounce between a medium and large in uniqlo.

Koped a medium as that's what I usually am in EG x U and UU. They are something stupid like $12 on Uniqlo japan website.

Last edited:

TDOT

Reaction score
Any tips on sizing the White Mountaineering oversized fleece pullover? I bounce between a medium and large in uniqlo.

Koped a medium as that's what I usually am in EG x U and UU. They are something stupid like $12 on Uniqlo japan website.

I bought a Small and a Medium and the Small just felt slightly relaxed but nowhere near oversized. I went with the medium to get a true OS feel. I'm 5-10 175.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought a Small and a Medium and the Small just felt slightly relaxed but nowhere near oversized. I went with the medium to get a true OS feel. I'm 5-10 175.

Ok cool, I'm 5'7" 180lbs so Medium should be good on me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads