• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good idea of how the JW Anderson Uniqlo chambray shirt fits? I have a Uniqlo slim-fit chambray work shirt which I love, but I am on the skinny side, so want to know if the JWA shirts are of a similar cut, or a regular (i.e., too wide) fit. Many thanks.

crxcr

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good idea of how the JW Anderson Uniqlo chambray shirt fits? I have a Uniqlo slim-fit chambray work shirt which I love, but I am on the skinny side, so want to know if the JWA shirts are of a similar cut, or a regular (i.e., too wide) fit. Many thanks.
It's a regular fit. Pretty wide on the body, I sized down and it's just right

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
It's a regular fit. Pretty wide on the body, I sized down and it's just right

Thanks a lot. Probably too large for me then. (Sizing down usually results in short arms and sometimes tight shoulders - and there is on;y a medium on ebay anyway).

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
Stupid JWA-launch. XL-sizes sold out right away in trousers and shorts. Been waiting for restock ever since. I had both trousers and the shorts on my list but guess have give up the hope. Bit dissappointed.

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any sizing tips for the +J Oversized Hooded Long Coat? Is it ok to size down on them? I’m a Small and there’s an XS still up for sale but idk if an XS will be too tight.

can anyone comment on the wide tapered leg pants as well from the same collection? Thinking if I should cop that as well or go with the Wool trousers instead.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know how these U longsleeve joints fit compared to the regular UU cotton shirts? I have Mediums and Larges in the regular UU shirts, large is probably my perferred fit, but Medium works well also. But I'm 5'9" so I always have to hem the length on them. Should I go large with the longsleeves too?

1624963556152.png

cafedandy

Reaction score
Anyone know how these U longsleeve joints fit compared to the regular UU cotton shirts? I have Mediums and Larges in the regular UU shirts, large is probably my perferred fit, but Medium works well also. But I'm 5'9" so I always have to hem the length on them. Should I go large with the longsleeves too?

View attachment 1632016
I think going Large is good for this one, I actually size up for mine since I like it a bit relaxed but also not too loose. :)

Demodocus

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the Two-Way Single Breasted Coat? It looks great and is pretty much what I'm looking for (simple, classic raincoat on a budget) and is currently on sale for peanuts, but the 100% polyester composition is making me hesitate. Does anyone have any experience with this coat that can help assess its quality (water resistance, touch, breathability etc)?

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the Two-Way Single Breasted Coat? It looks great and is pretty much what I'm looking for (simple, classic raincoat on a budget) and is currently on sale for peanuts, but the 100% polyester composition is making me hesitate. Does anyone have any experience with this coat that can help assess its quality (water resistance, touch, breathability etc)?

I had it for 3 years. It’s very good, lightweight, always easy to throw on. It goes with a lot of different looks I think.

Got rid of it when I upgraded to UU spring version of it - the long coat with raglan sleeves. That was made of cotton and poly instead full poly which I think looks better - less shiny. Actually that coat is the one I’ve been looking for a long time.

Only two things were annyoing with the coat you’re asking about - shinines of poly can be a bit cheap looking (depends on your whole style of course) and because of the structure there was always bit of pull and wrinkling in the buttoning even though it was loose fit for me.

the length was good also. Not too short for foul weather, but eventually I wanted something longer for protection.

Water resistance capabilities were ok! I live in a country where it rains often and had no problems throwing it on. Ofcourse eventually water get through but it was good choice whenever there was a hint of possible incoming rain.

depending where you live and how much you’d need a coat like that, I would nevertheless say it’s damn fine deal. I bougth it for original price and it was easily worth it.

Last edited:

Demodocus

Reaction score
I had it for 3 years. It’s very good, lightweight, always easy to throw on. It goes with a lot of different looks I think.

Got rid of it when I upgraded to UU spring version of it - the long coat with raglan sleeves. That was made of cotton and poly instead full poly which I think looks better - less shiny. Actually that coat is the one I’ve been looking for a long time.

Only two things were annyoing with the coat you’re asking about - shinines of poly can be a bit cheap looking (depends on your whole style of course) and because of the structure there was always bit of pull and wrinkling in the buttoning even though it was loose fit for me.

the length was good also. Not too short for foul weather, but eventually I wanted something longer for protection.

Water resistance capabilities were ok! I live in a country where it rains often and had no problems throwing it on. Ofcourse eventually water get through but it was good choice whenever there was a hint of possible incoming rain.

depending where you live and how much you’d need a coat like that, I would nevertheless say it’s damn fine deal. I bougth it for original price and it was easily worth it.

Brilliant, thank you for this detailed response! I've unfortunately missed out on that U single breasted trench as I'm a size XS/EU44-46/US36, which had been unavailable for a bit before it disappeared entirely, so now I'm weighing my options between the poly coat and going the vintage route - which can be quite annoying because of my size, somewhat difficult to come by at a decent price with shipping and all that. This one does seem to be a great deal, especially for the current price (49€ including shipping fees)

fatsu

Reaction score
Oh, the shirts finally arrived?

I wish the wide-fit shirts had the stand collar shirt's fabric. Looks nice and soft and flowy.

taduuu

Reaction score
Happy I returned the +J long hooded coat when collection came out because now I bought it for 39 euros instead of 149 euros. Also bought UU jean jacket and jeans and jwa cap which were also heavily (over 70 %) discounted.

Ordered also +J cashmere overcoat (50 % off) since I dont have a ”formal” overcoat. Pleasantly surprised even though its Uniqlo wool its pretty good. Not perfect or thick for any means but better than similar priced competitors.

Half of the collections will eventually be discounted heavily.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads