• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
like my Patagonia one. Not sure how much sturdier it is though. I haven't felt any of the Uniqlo ones, but you could easily tear a hole on the Patagonia one if you came into contact with the wrong branch. My Mountain Hardwear one which is not as packable is made from a tougher material.

Is the Patagonia packable down any warmer than the uniqlo (are you talking about the Nano Puff?)? Doing the W-Trek in a few months and I need a lightweight but warm outer layer that can withstand the rain, cold, and heavy winds that Patagonia can throw at you out of the blue.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the Patagonia packable down any warmer than the uniqlo (are you talking about the Nano Puff?)? Doing the W-Trek in a few months and I need a lightweight but warm outer layer that can withstand the rain, cold, and heavy winds that Patagonia can throw at you out of the blue.

I believe Nano Puffs are synthetic and not down. This is the one I have, but it comes in a non-hooded variety too. I don't have a Uniqlo one so can't compare. If you are going to be in rain than you will want to get a shell to wear over it or an insulated shell. Down loses it's insulating properties when it gets wet.

Last edited:

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally, a Uniqlo in Chicago! I can finally quote the words "meet me outside Uniqlo" (not in SF lingo, of course) :inlove:;):embar:

planetarium

Reaction score
do not rely on the uniqlo down for anything but casual outdoors use, the fill is just not high enough

heattech as a base layer works well, especially the new extra warm variety, but it is worth getting a serious packable synthetic shell for extended camping and backpacking

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, you anticipated the question I forgot to ask about heat tech as a Base layer. On to the question of if I should really go to Patagonia despite not being in great shape or use the down market to travel China instead.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I meant the region in Chile not the store
smile.gif
Patagonia by far

innerstyle

Reaction score

I bought 5 pairs which was probably overkill but I really like them.

Definitely not overkill since they won't be offered again. I wish I had stocked up on the stretch slim tapered colored jeans (they actually look and feel more like chinos) at $20.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads