1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Andolin

Andolin Well-Known Member

I normally get size M when buying Uniqlo t-shirts, but I'm stocking up on some of their heattech stuff for the ski season and I was wondering whether I should size up to L or not? Get the impression that some of the heattech stuff, especially underlayers, are quite tightly fitted.

2. moulton

moulton Active Member

I'm normally a XS (linen shirt) or S (oxfords) and wear Heattech from XS to M depending on the use. For V-neck short sleeve to wear as undershirt, I wear XS, which is skin tight. I wear size S long sleeves to layer under t-shirts, etc. The sleeves have some room in them and the length is just right, but it is still somewhat form fitting around the torso so I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing on its own outside. For roomwear/pajamas as well as wearing on its own, I use size M long sleeves so that it is loose and drapey.

3. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Does anyone know the leg opening of the Slim Fit Selvedge Jeans?
    I have big thighs for squatting. Do you think Slim Fit will fit my quads?

4. jet

jet Senior member

I ever tell you guys my uniqlo t shirt story?

Bought my usual XLs last year and fit spot on, actually smaller than previous years. When I washed them they literally shrank 2 1/2 sizes and now looks like a fitted muscle shirt on me not to mention 4 inches shorter. Cold water and very light dryer low heat taken out when damp.

Their claimed supima cotton is straight garbage now.

2 people like this.
  5. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hey jet!

I still get mediums. The sizing seems pretty similar to previous years (to me) but the quality has noticeably gone down. the supimas are still way better than the regular packaged tees which are horrible junk. you can almost see the plastic woven in to the fabric.
    Go for the regular fit. The Slims are pretty narrow.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Are they narrow around the leg opening/calves?

7. gong

gong Senior member

where are these tencel briefs?

8. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

They appear to sell during Spring/Summer time.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  9. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Not intensely narrow. Size 28 is around 6.75" at the opening from what I recall. I'm working from memory though--it could be 6.5 or 7. But of course I don't know how grading goes as the sizes go up.

1 person likes this.
  10. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

i sized down to s for some heattech longsleeves last year to use as fitted underlayers and they were super warm. i'd go tts or smaller.

11. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

For the slim fit jeans I got a 31x32 and I remember the leg opening being 7.5" when I got them. They did not hold their shape, the leg opening on them is now a little over 8" after a hot wash.

The pair I got also had polyester in them (forgot the percentage). The ones on the website look to have gone back to cotton with a little spandex for stretch. I think this would hold its shape better but not sure, my other jeans with 2% spandex (not Uniqlo) have although they were a lot more expensive.

1 person likes this.
  12. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

they only have the heattech, miracle air, and slim color jeans right now. the best jeans they had were the skinny tapered made with "japanese fabric" that were fifty bucks. i have a pair that are like three years old and i love them. i'd wait until they have those again, everything else kind of sucks or has a bad cut.

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^^ hell yea man. I stocked up on like 8 of those in every shade of blue/grey/black when those were out. only thing i wear.

they just released some skinny tapered stretch selvedge denim for the first time and the grey one is nice, got that one. better fabric than the $39 color jeans

2 people like this.
  14. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

It's mildly infuriating that the only low-rise boxer briefs they sell these days (at least online) are the seamless ones. Those things are freakin' terrible.

15. Best Budz

Best Budz Senior member

I think they're fine. What's your problem with them?

16. jet

jet Senior member

I was talking about the packaged ones that's all I wear. They used to be so good now they're garbage and they don't make XXL which I would need just so they would fit how I like them.

Incidentally I found a really nice tee at zara while I was at the mall (which I never am) and fit almost perfect but again would not after one wash. That was an xl and they don't offer an xxl. So tired of this skinny sizing, their fucking xl fit like a large.

When I make my own shit my xl will fit like an xl and will have some nice ass cotton.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  17. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Made by Anus.

18. hmtwrk

hmtwrk Senior member

i don't like the seamless ones either but i think the airism briefs are quite good.

19. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

20. jet

jet Senior member

Unfortunately for us your father was not.

Sup Park.