1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

1. NaTionS

NaTionS Distinguished Member

I really doubt a store built on selling basics are worried about exclusivity. From what I've seen Uniqlo is everywhere in Japan and China. And from what I hear there's quite a few in Korea too.

2. pronxs

pronxs Distinguished Member

yup i thought about that as well. in asia, there are not as many direct competitors vs in the usa.

3. aeglus

aeglus Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I really doubt a store built on selling basics are worried about exclusivity. From what I've seen Uniqlo is everywhere in Japan and China. And from what I hear there's quite a few in Korea too.

There's 2 within 10 minutes of walking from my house; nearly 20 in Seoul alone.

4. drmmr

drmmr Distinguished Member

How's the +J stock in Korea? Might need to trouble you for a proxy some time aeglus.

5. L.R.

L.R. Distinguished Member

I'm thinking about getting someone to do a proxy. How much is shipping to Canada, or is it usually enough to make the whole process not worth it?

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Distinguished Member

I NEED A UK PROXY (LONDON) PLEASE!!!! someone message me!

7. reedobandito

reedobandito Distinguished Member

Does anyone have any fit pics of a +J suit? I'm thinking it might be a good alternative as a poor college student

8. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Distinguished Member

I'm thinking about getting someone to do a proxy. How much is shipping to Canada, or is it usually enough to make the whole process not worth it?

I got it from randomkoreandude, I think shipping was about $15 or something for a jacket.

9. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Distinguished Member

Does anyone have any fit pics of a +J suit? I'm thinking it might be a good alternative for a poor college student.
    Uniqlo use medium (or whatever) to size between 37-39 (or whatever), so sometimes some of their stuff tends to run a little tight! I find this with the J+ jackets! Couldn't buy one cos of this reason.

10. Desi

Desi Distinguished Member

Does anyone have any fit pics of a +J suit? I'm thinking it might be a good alternative as a poor college student

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    F/W 10
    gray flannel slim jacket with regular fit gray flannel trousers

I have the navy peak lapel F/W 09 slim suit too but I doubt they let Jil to release something that crazy again on the suiting side.

11. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior Member

There's 2 within 10 minutes of walking from my house; nearly 20 in Seoul alone.

Yep, I can literally see a Uniqlo out of my room window. Uniqlo and (slight) exclusivity are a strictly US phenomenon.

12. aeglus

aeglus Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

How's the +J stock in Korea? Might need to trouble you for a proxy some time aeglus.

Not that hot. Just a bunch of shirts, blazers, and I think cropped pants. I'm too big for those blazers even in large. They're tiny [​IMG]

Uniqlo in general looks to be going slimmer and slimmer these days.

13. nolanmjj

nolanmjj Well-Known Member

do they have a lot of polos in the soho store? and how much? i want the plain ones but it's not listed in the product stock on their site

14. reedobandito

reedobandito Distinguished Member

Suit looks good Desi, those shoes are insane. How's the quality?

I'm looking at getting the navy wool slim suit+slim trousers...$220 ain't bad for all that...

15. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior Member

got a couple shirts in the mail from uniqlo a few weeks ago washed and dried them to shrink them down to size before i wore them just went to wear the one for the first time today and i find three holes/tears in it! two in the back, one in the front [​IMG] [​IMG] pretty positive they were there before i washed and dried it it's a dry care check button down shirt