• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nice

this little 100% cotton number has been my go-to light jacket / travel jacket since I bought it in 2010

xgK0NTF.jpg

I REALLY dig that.. too bad long sold out and +J usually too slim on me.

Epik

Reaction score
Just received my first Uniqlo items ever--4 OCBDs, blue/pink/white/grey--and wow they are a pleasant surprise. OTR tailored fit and quality is great. Will have to consider checking out other items from them as well. Chinos and jeans decent? Perhaps regular Tees and henleys/sweaters?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Slim fit chinos are pretty good, socks (4 for 12 variety) are great, premium tees 2pack are good and that's about it. It's all downhill from here since the oxfords are one of their best things.

89andy

Reaction score
how slim are their chinos? I remember I tried on a vintage ones and they were way too big. How they compared to say W+H or club monaco slim fits? Hate how they don't list the hem measurements anymore ...

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
top block is sorta anti fit and taper a lot below the knees, I'm not a huge fan because the transition is a little too severe

on my 32s the hem is 7.5 which is pretty ******* small for a guy my size so i don't think you will have any complaints about the hem

nycxandy

Reaction score

how slim are their chinos? I remember I tried on a vintage ones and they were way too big. How they compared to say W+H or club monaco slim fits? Hate how they don't list the hem measurements anymore ...

The current slim fits are about the same as my W+H westpoints, but just a hair bit slimmer.

Last edited:

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on the Cotton Linen Blouson? Thinking either light orange or dark green...

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-cotton-linen-blouson/076005-20-004
I got the green one to try on. The material is actually really nice, but not a fan of the fit, might have to size down or it's likely just intended to be blousy. Going back for sure.
Just received my first Uniqlo items ever--4 OCBDs, blue/pink/white/grey--and wow they are a pleasant surprise. OTR tailored fit and quality is great. Will have to consider checking out other items from them as well. Chinos and jeans decent? Perhaps regular Tees and henleys/sweaters?
socks and underwear are staples. socks for sure. the marled ones are really nice. chinos are OK at best. material is pretty thin. I have the MiJ jeans and I like them a lot better than APCs, but they aren't as nice as Japan Blues.
The slim chinos taper through the leg, but it has a little too much room in the seat (sort of droopy, imo). Maybe because I could have sized down. Rise is pretty big, almost trouser-like. Vintage ones were gigantic in comparison though.

Last edited:

89andy

Reaction score
anyone know the hem for a size 30 slim fit chinos? Thinking of trying the uniqlo ones before going for the club monaco's ..

Epik

Reaction score
How often do they restock the online store for jeans? All they have are 35's, which are apparently 37" actual waists.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
.500 this time around with Uniqlo

6 dress shirts
3 of which are advertised as L/S but clearly hit 3/4 of my arm.

Sort of sad :(

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actuallly, the 2 slim fit dress shirts I picked up (66 blue and 09 black aka "mini dots") were fine.

It was the 3 Easy Care shirts that had sleeve length issues. I think this is bad oversight on QC.

Dress shirts in general are pretty ace. About to drop by the tailor to get the 3 darted in the back.

A word of caution, slim fit and "regular fit" are different in terms of the shoulder, sleeve width, and chest. The body around torso area is about the same, but when I get them tailored I have to separate it out as I don't need much darting to account for the chest in slim fit dress shirts. Even the "regular fit" I ask to take in the chest very minimally. I just need the double darts to help with the blousing affect in the torso / waist. Just realized this too after trying out the new slim fit and some older ones I picked up. For a suit I would go with the "regular fit" as it is more relaxed and I'll be wearing a jacket for a good part of the day. Otherwise, everyday office wear I would take the slim fit as it is a bit more fitted all around.

OCBD for the weekends.

Ordered some spring trousers in their cotton/poly blend and wool/poly blend. Arriving Friday so I can give a review of them then.

Still think Uniqlo is best bang for the buck if you want to get some lowkey work attire. You can step up your suiting, but for everyday wear it works well.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads