• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Don't know if you saw this Lemaire's article about the new (women) collection Guys...

View attachment 1251539
Yeah, read this one, I'm quite curious to see the film and saw some screenshots online that reference it.

66f1c6970f3ea3398f9bde62045fbfb6.png love-in-the-afternoon.png b98d4d8fafaf3f52584b0be89508f963.jpg

loopdeloop

Reaction score
I ended up backing everything apart from the 3D knit. But i've ordered the fleece shirt jacket, stand collar shirt, and another 3D knit. Will also stay on the look out for some sized-up pleated pants. I really wanted to love the reverse fleece this season - probably my biggest disappointment.

Rohmer is one of my favourite directors, so it was nice to read about those influences. The colour work, object placement and interiors etc, in all his work is subtle but really, just so gorgeous. As for the fashion, there's always lots of bright solid colours, oversized and fitted knits, turtlenecks, high waisted jeans, trench coats, flares etc. The clothes are very 'normal' but the styling is remarkable (as are the haircuts). I have a folder somewhere of screenshots from various films - i'll post anything i find that is relevant as Google isn't great.

tumblr_pcah85vHLw1sf2a1uo1_1280.png

@loopdeloop what are you liking that you've picked up from Arket? There's one in my city that I pop into every few weeks, some nice stuff but a lot of it makes it to sale at decent discount so it can be tricky justifying buying their stuff at full price. That said, they've become my go to for t-shirts in terms of available on the high street.

I've picked up a few things from Arket over the last couple of seasons, mostly been impressed. I have a couple of sweats (really good quality imo - excellent construction and really nice french terry); a 'liner vest' (essentially an insulated body warmer that can clip into other outwear) in this kind of shiny, iridescent purple that looks like a piece of expensive Stone Island kit; a fancy boiled wool high neck, slightly oversized, half zip; a cord cap.

All of this was bought at some sort of discount. And you're right, most of it does make the sale..., but not as much as it used to, especially on the more unusual / statement pieces. But in most cases you can wait it out. As a brand they're definitely improving, trying new cuts and interesting fabrics (boxy and cropped, moleskin, wale cord etc).

MrBailey

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Do someone happen to own this trench coat?

Hi @Betelgeuse i recognize you from sm thread ha. Never been to checked out this side. Anyway, I bought this coat a couple of weeks ago in Navy and love it. The fit is great (compared to other jackets, especiallly for a rain coat). I will say sizing was interesting. I’m 5’11” 150 and S was perfect with a M being WAY too big. Hope this helps!

cafedandy

Reaction score
Just saw the Japanese site for the JWA lineup, there's a lot of acrylic on accessories like the caps, scarves and stoles, which usually is a bad experience for me from the past seasons with excessive pilling. Wool pilling I can take, but acrylic is just bad. Some knits use alpaca, but if you have more than half of acrylic there, you'll barely notice it.

If anything, the cardigan looks nice in 100% lambswool and the peacoat is 80-20 wool-nylon. The 2-way reversible helmet bag is quite interesting, too.

421661_sub5.jpg 421661_sub6.jpg

Some items, if you take away the JWA branding, feels like regular Uniqlo... but I understand that Jonathan can't be too adventurous here as he does with his own line or with Loewe.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi @Betelgeuse i recognize you from sm thread ha. Never been to checked out this side. Anyway, I bought this coat a couple of weeks ago in Navy and love it. The fit is great (compared to other jackets, especiallly for a rain coat). I will say sizing was interesting. I’m 5’11” 150 and S was perfect with a M being WAY too big. Hope this helps!
Thanks man! So, if I was planning to wear a XL it might be too big?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are the extra fine merino turtlenecks? I'm looking for something thin/breathable to layer under a shirt. I have a cashmere one from an older season but it's just too warm.
They are pretty thin. Last year I bought dark grey and light grey and the dark pilled really bad and the light almost not at all, so ymmv. They also fit wildly different despite being the same size

taduuu

Reaction score
Wondering the same about uniqlo x eg sizing, and I still have not seen european release date yet.

Last edited:

spalwart

Reaction score
Wondering the same about uniqlo x eg sizing, and I still have not seen european release date yet.

Probably tts for me. Guess they will run kind of oversized to begin with?

On Uniqlos german Instagram it said 7th oct, so I guess then? But I had to do some digging to find out.

taduuu

Reaction score
Probably tts for me. Guess they will run kind of oversized to begin with?

On Uniqlos german Instagram it said 7th oct, so I guess then? But I had to do some digging to find out.
Thanks a lot! Good find. U stuff was released earlier in US but with this collection it is another way around.

I am between sizes so sizing is pretty tricky. Most Uniqlo U stuff S fits me better but for regular Uniqlo M is better. Returns from Finland cost a lot so I might gamble with M because I dont mind if these are oversized. Or wait for someone here to review sizing...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics