• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Has anybody tried the UU supima crew LONG SLEEVE or the UU ultra stretch LONG SLEEVE?

Are the neck openings on either of them larger/more relaxed than usual?
Tried the U Supima Crew Long Sleeve, a bit relaxed neck same as the SS18 Supima Short Sleeve.

08_411597.jpg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some quick impressions after opening a big box today:

The suit is cool. I feel like I have too many suits as it is. Otherwise, would keep after a trip to the alteration tailor. Fabric feels fine. I like the patch pockets and ventless back of the jacket. Fits TTS, I take a 48 top and the medium fits well for OTR. Did not try on the pants after deciding not to keep. If my wardrobe was smaller (or larger, depending on your POV) I'd probably keep it.
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-u-...ml?dwvar_411547_color=COL69&cgid=men-uniqlo-u

Cardigan has interesting weave, soft touch, feels like a towel sort of. It is spongy. I really like the yellow color but honestly would prefer it as a sweater. Only keeping the brown one since I find the color versatile for wearing in the office. I had a hard time deciding between small or medium and ultimately decided to go with the latter. It fits wide in the body FWIW. Initial impression is the fabric may not wear well long term due to the weave. The fabric is 100% wool though, which was a pleasant surprise.
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-u-...cardigan-412957.html?dwvar_412957_color=COL35

I was not sure about keeping the jersey L/S shirt at first but decided to stick with it, seems versatile enough for layering and the fabric feels good, 100% cotton. A bit thin and is a bit transparent. I can double down and use it as sleepwear. Fits TTS, I took a medium. Primary reason I am keeping is because laundering will be easy, I do not plan on ironing like most other shirts I own. Should help when in a pinch. The collar does leave much to be desired, hoping a wash will settle it down. This is more of personal gripe, there's no collar roll here nor does it splay open like a camp collar. Collar looks fine buttoned all the way up.
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-u-...&cgid=men-uniqlo-u#start=13&cgid=men-uniqlo-u

I initially wanted to see if I can put together several outfits to carry me through this fall and winter season. Hence, I picked up a bunch of stuff to try on. The idea was novel and then the novelty wore off after looking at my existing wardrobe. Will be looking forward to the sweater releases. Again, I'd probably keep most things if my wardrobe was smaller. In the end, there are some items that serve as good fillers. IMO this collection would be great for someone just starting their sartorial journey or just likes fast fashion.

Last edited:

cafedandy

Reaction score
Tried on some women's items out of curiosity and these seem to work as unisex pieces:

Women U Double Face Wrap Coat
IMG_5162.jpg

Ines Peacoat
IMG_5235.jpg

Ines Denim Coverall
IMG_5237.jpg

Women U Work Jacket (This one I got, works like a blouson)
IMG_5238.jpg

IMG_5239.jpg

And yes, the U Crew Neck Long Sleeve Sweat (because of the nice dropped shoulders)
IMG_5240.jpg

Last edited:

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today UU came out in my country (I guess all across Europe) and I was very disappointed to see that this sweater is like 75% synthetic. I still ordered it since I like how it looks, has anyone handled it?

706ED4CE-D409-43DF-97D9-42E253558F78.jpeg

I’m considering getting this one instead because it’s 100% wool, but I don’t like the colour as much.

4DFA8B48-8B89-4906-B25C-B1F43BA0C2DE.jpeg

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it’s a poly/nylon/wool/mohair blend or something like that, with poly/nylon being 73% or so.

Last year I got a couple of sweaters that I wore a lot, but they were at least 80% wool.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I instakopped the merino wool turtleneck because I've been looking for an inexpensive turtleneck forever and it finally came in. Fit is nice and slouchy after sizing up. Material is nice. Will fit my #menswear needs, especially for the price.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I instakopped the merino wool turtleneck because I've been looking for an inexpensive turtleneck forever and it finally came in. Fit is nice and slouchy after sizing up. Material is nice. Will fit my #menswear needs, especially for the price.

@Darkside - you didn’t find the turtle neck to be super thin and underwhelming? I also got it and it’s like tshirt thin merino, still alright as a layer, but not what I thought I was buying.

I picked up the marled mock neck LS which is a cotton knit and wears more like a sweater, than a tshirt. I got the double layered turtle too. It’s decent, has a really high neck but I like the cut and the knit cuffs are a nice touch too.

All up, the peices I got are OK for the money, but nothing is a standout IMO.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone works out in the Soft touch crew neck long sleeve T shirt? What are your thoughts on it?

I used to own a few back in the day and they are super warm. I would be sweating at times.

I just picked up 3 soft touch turtle necks so they will be great barriers to combat the winter this year.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Anyone works out in the Soft touch crew neck long sleeve T shirt? What are your thoughts on it?
I have a couple of them from past seasons and they're pretty warm and always find myself enjoying the softness. The mock necks this year have nice colors, but I wish there was more selection for the crew necks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads