1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

1. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Distinguished Member

They look like pants you would wear in the Navy, like with a pea coat and while carrying a duffle bag. I dunno, I just cant' get behind the slash pocket I guess.

2. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior Member

The only Uniqlo item I find myself wearing year after year is the heatech tights/long johns. I believe it's the medium weight. Under pants/denim/joggers they are heaven.

Everything else from Uniqlo I don't care about it's gotten to the point I rarely shop there anymore.

3. jm22

jm22 Senior Member

No UU oxford for SS18?...

4. leeba

leeba Senior Member

Does anybody have the UU wool blended jacket (blazer) from this season? How's the fit/movement of the piece? Reviews on the Uniqlo website say it restricts movement and doesn't move well, which is weird

5. cafedandy

cafedandy Active Member

It's cut weird for some reason which was disappointing because I really liked the details on it. I can't close it properly without it constricting my chest area, getting a size larger doesn't solve it. And since it also lacks a bit of lining, it can look sloppy due to the creases. Sad. It may work for really slim guys.

The matching wool pants are nice though.

6. Elwynn

Elwynn New Member

Really hope these aren't low waisted.

7. Bullitt

Bullitt Senior Member

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

9. Bullitt

Bullitt Senior Member

Had a look a the pyjamas yesterday. The fabric feels like the flannel shirts. A bit too flimsy for my taste. Didn’t like the colours either. Thought I would get the red one, but the colour is quite different from what they show on the website. Looks rather flat and washed out. Maybe at this price point one should not expect more. On the other hand, I bought a few things from Uniqlo in the past, that are great quality and didn’t cost much.

10. Peter1

Peter1 Senior Member

I pop back into this thread every few months and it's always the same...everything is crap now...shrinks 3 sizes in the wash...materials so thin you can strain cottage cheese...etc.

However, I've been able to count on Uniqlo for supima Ts (haven't noticed any changes); heattech (running tights are boss and cheap); oxfords (still feel the same to me, still very hard to iron); and jeans you're going to use for painting the house and other messy jobs. The Anderson collection was one of the best I've seen; not my cut, but it was really interesting, and very British, in a good kind of way.
    ciao

11. Bullitt

Bullitt Senior Member

Uniqlo still offers good quality, but one has to look closely. They sometimes change the quality of a product, sometimes even the fit. I like premium linen shirts, heat-tech tshirts, Airism low-rise trunks and most of the Blocktech stuff when it’s on sale.

Supima Cotton tshirts were great seven years ago. I bought a longsleeve back then. At the same time, I bought one by Sunspel, made from Egyptian cotton. I still got both and the quality is comparable. The price of the Uniqlo tshirt was only a tenth of the Sunspel price. Today the Supima Cotton shirts are still ok, but not as good as they used to be.

Favourite collaborations so far: Opening Ceremony and +J

12. indianshaft

indianshaft Senior Member

Any thoughts on the extra fine merino v neck sweaters?