• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only Uniqlo item I find myself wearing year after year is the heatech tights/long johns. I believe it's the medium weight. Under pants/denim/joggers they are heaven.

Everything else from Uniqlo I don't care about it's gotten to the point I rarely shop there anymore.

leeba

Reaction score
Does anybody have the UU wool blended jacket (blazer) from this season? How's the fit/movement of the piece? Reviews on the Uniqlo website say it restricts movement and doesn't move well, which is weird

cafedandy

Reaction score
Does anybody have the UU wool blended jacket (blazer) from this season? How's the fit/movement of the piece? Reviews on the Uniqlo website say it restricts movement and doesn't move well, which is weird
It's cut weird for some reason which was disappointing because I really liked the details on it. I can't close it properly without it constricting my chest area, getting a size larger doesn't solve it. And since it also lacks a bit of lining, it can look sloppy due to the creases. Sad. It may work for really slim guys.

The matching wool pants are nice though.

Elwynn

Reaction score
407310-65.jpg

Regular 5-pocket pockets on these though.
Really hope these aren't low waisted.

Bullitt

Reaction score
Had a look a the pyjamas yesterday. The fabric feels like the flannel shirts. A bit too flimsy for my taste. Didn’t like the colours either. Thought I would get the red one, but the colour is quite different from what they show on the website. Looks rather flat and washed out. Maybe at this price point one should not expect more. On the other hand, I bought a few things from Uniqlo in the past, that are great quality and didn’t cost much.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I pop back into this thread every few months and it's always the same...everything is crap now...shrinks 3 sizes in the wash...materials so thin you can strain cottage cheese...etc.

However, I've been able to count on Uniqlo for supima Ts (haven't noticed any changes); heattech (running tights are boss and cheap); oxfords (still feel the same to me, still very hard to iron); and jeans you're going to use for painting the house and other messy jobs. The Anderson collection was one of the best I've seen; not my cut, but it was really interesting, and very British, in a good kind of way.
ciao

Bullitt

Reaction score
However, I've been able to count on Uniqlo for supima Ts (haven't noticed any changes); heattech (running tights are boss and cheap); oxfords (still feel the same to me, still very hard to iron); and jeans you're going to use for painting the house and other messy jobs. The Anderson collection was one of the best I've seen; not my cut, but it was really interesting, and very British, in a good kind of way.

Uniqlo still offers good quality, but one has to look closely. They sometimes change the quality of a product, sometimes even the fit. I like premium linen shirts, heat-tech tshirts, Airism low-rise trunks and most of the Blocktech stuff when it’s on sale.

Supima Cotton tshirts were great seven years ago. I bought a longsleeve back then. At the same time, I bought one by Sunspel, made from Egyptian cotton. I still got both and the quality is comparable. The price of the Uniqlo tshirt was only a tenth of the Sunspel price. Today the Supima Cotton shirts are still ok, but not as good as they used to be.

Favourite collaborations so far: Opening Ceremony and +J

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oxfords (still feel the same to me, still very hard to iron)

I got a new oxford the other day and compared it to my older ones (3 years old? older?) The fabric does look thinner than the old ones if you hold it up to the light. No, not cheesecloth-thin, but different. Is it important? I don't know.

Bullitt

Reaction score
I got a new oxford the other day and compared it to my older ones (3 years old? older?) The fabric does look thinner than the old ones if you hold it up to the light. No, not cheesecloth-thin, but different. Is it important? I don't know.

That's my experience too with the slim-fit Oxford shirts.

SCH00

Reaction score
I just got the Uniqlo U down overcoat in navy from the fall season and it's really nice. It's on sale for $40 right now – worth a look if you want a beater coat

Also bought a couple of those "easy care slim fit" shirts for like $15 a piece for work. They fit me really well but the fabric is scratchy. Not a big deal since I wear an undershirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads