• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! I don't mind getting Paypal/cash and not getting 100% of what I paid in store credit. It's a nice bag and I know Filson is loved on SF. I'm sure I can get $300 in store credit but honestly I don't really need much right now for myself.

I probably won't let it go for tooooooo much under retail but did want to post it here to offer it up.

There once was a store credit trading thread. When I followed it, it was most active during January. I have no idea whether it is still active, but if you don't get a sale soon, it might be worth getting the store credit and mentioning there.

Last edited:

TJhambone09

Reaction score

Thanks! I don't mind getting Paypal/cash and not getting 100% of what I paid in store credit. It's a nice bag and I know Filson is loved on SF. I'm sure I can get $300 in store credit but honestly I don't really need much right now for myself.

I probably won't let it go for tooooooo much under retail but did want to post it here to offer it up.

I've been wanting one of these FOREVER, but my fiance is crushing me on $10 tie purchases, she'd probably call off the wedding if I made any worthy offer.

If it was the larger "padded computer bag" I'd probably do it and tell her to take a hike if she complained (just kidding, sort of). I carry a lot of crap as I'm always on the road so I'd rather have that one.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

No pressure obviously, but I will likely give it to the end of this week with that Filson bag before returning it for the full $300 in store credit.

I did receive a couple swap offers (thanks for those) but none that would be used by me in heavy rotation and I'd rather not have to try to re-sell items or whatever.

I also got one cash offer of $200 but I'd much rather $300 BB credit than $200 cash in hand.

Anyways, thanks very much for the offers so far and I'm more than willing to hear more!

Items that I may be inclined to say yes to:

- Equal $ value in ties more suited for spring/summer - shantug, linen, etc. My F/W wardrobe is all set

- Equal $ value linen sports coat - size 40R unless it's a line that runs very slim fitting like RLBL

- Equal $ value suede shoes - size 12E/UK 11E for most brands

gerbilunit

Reaction score
anyone happen to have some 7.5E (yes small feet
shog[1].gif
) suede cap toes?

just searching for some nice change in my wardrobe.

namdaemun

Reaction score
Anyone want AE Sanford's in 10E?

Burgundy patina with new soles. Only issue is a cut on the front left toe area. It's hardly noticeable but that's my opinion

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wsupjs

Reaction score
I have a couple items I'd like to trade or sell.

- RLBL dress shirt. White, spread collar, button cuff, 15" neck. I bought it new and have worn it twice. I'd like to trade it for the identical shirt with 15.5" neck.

- Late 40's to early 50's navy (both color and issuer) pea coat. I bought it NOS before last winter and have worn it approximately two dozen times. Size 38, but I had the sides tailored so it's a trim 38. I'd like to trade it for a chesterfield or polo coat in true size 38 to make it easier to layer.

I'm also looking for a light to mid grey sweater. Prefer cashmere or merino wool.

Stewie

Reaction score
I need a dark blue Crombie coat in a 38r. Anybody got one for sale/trade etc.?

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looking for a nice staple navy tie (<$15)

and selvedge denim in size 34-36

namdaemun

Reaction score
FELLAS

I'm still looking for a 44 SHORT suit for an old man I befriended. He needs the suit by mid-late April for his daughter's wedding since he doesn't have one. All of the 44 R's are simply too long b/c I think he's around 5'5" or so.

Brands: At least a BB level and up. I'm willing to part with the good stuff that I've to help this man out.

Help!

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here a 42 T/L?

I have an eddie bauer 100% gray camelhair blazer, willing to let go for cheap

Cdubbs21

Reaction score
Does anyone have a tom ford suit they would like to sell? Im a 50 European.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics