• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys have a question regarding Vass F last, should I consider this last as wide and having more room in the toe box?

I have a wide feet and slightly high instep. I would have belive I am a US 8EE in most of shoes but have to size up 0.5 to 1 to get a wider fit.

Below is my size in other brand:

Santoni: I found most of their UK7.5 fits me well, some of them slightly stretch the outer side of my little toe but not as bad as other brands.
John Lobb: I have UK 8E for their 7000/8000 last, both seems too long but slightly stretch my toes. I have a 7.5F in their 4596 last, which seem a little bit tight.
Crockett Jones: UK8 with their oxford, UK7.5 with loafer, both slightly stretch my toes.
Gaziano Girling: UK8 seems slightly tight.

What size in F last should I go with? 7.5?

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys have a question regarding Vass F last, should I consider this last as wide and having more room in the toe box?

I have a wide feet and slightly high instep. I would have belive I am a US 8EE in most of shoes but have to size up 0.5 to 1 to get a wider fit.

Below is my size in other brand:

Santoni: I found most of their UK7.5 fits me well, some of them slightly stretch the outer side of my little toe but not as bad as other brands.
John Lobb: I have UK 8E for their 7000/8000 last, both seems too long but slightly stretch my toes. I have a 7.5F in their 4596 last, which seem a little bit tight.
Crockett Jones: UK8 with their oxford, UK7.5 with loafer, both slightly stretch my toes.
Gaziano Girling: UK8 seems slightly tight.

What size in F last should I go with? 7.5?

I am a UK 12 in GG. I have a wideish foot and high instep. 46 (uk12) on F for me was too tight, 46.5 (uk 12.5) on U last is almost a perfect fit. I would not size down from GG size.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Normal F is pretty narrow for me, and the wide F isn't a great solution.

I am a perfect fit for the 11E in EG 82 last.

In others, I ended up with a 10.5F in GG which technically works, but very definitely requires a shoehorn even for a suede derby, and has no additional room to maneuver. 45 in Vass P2 works generally very well for me.

The result of all this is that the normal F is too narrow. I have tried the wider setting of F last (G width?), and while I can squeeze in, it's not a great success.

jjschube

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I know sizing questions are annoying. I recently tried a 44 and 44.5 Vass Old English in the F last. The 44 was a little narrow and short so I thought the 44.5 would do the trick. Unfortunately, it fit well everywhere except across the vamp. The lace gap was just too wide. I have somewhat of a narrower heel and a wider in the toes. My brannock is an 11E. Is it possible for Vass to create a f lasted shoe with a 44.5 width heel and a 45 width toe box? I really like the F last and don't want to go to the P2. If anyone wears Aldens I am 11D in the Grant 11E In the Plaza and a 10.5D in the Barrie.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I know sizing questions are annoying. I recently tried a 44 and 44.5 Vass Old English in the F last. The 44 was a little narrow and short so I thought the 44.5 would do the trick. Unfortunately, it fit well everywhere except across the vamp. The lace gap was just too wide. I have somewhat of a narrower heel and a wider in the toes. My brannock is an 11E. Is it possible for Vass to create a f lasted shoe with a 44.5 width heel and a 45 width toe box? I really like the F last and don't want to go to the P2. If anyone wears Aldens I am 11D in the Grant 11E In the Plaza and a 10.5D in the Barrie.

Depending on your retailer, they can get Vass to add leather pieces to the last to give them more room in an MTO.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is not correct, I have several pairs of Vass loafers however most of them are MTO and not ready to wear! Will try to post some pictures when I get a chance !

Alright, thanks. Managed to find them deep down on the MTO part of their site!

These were really nice. Wish somebody sold them here. We seem to have every other desirable shoe brand represented in this city. They do come for trunk shows once per year but I can't stand making decisions in that atmosphere, nor do I want to commit a saturday to that...

1042-peter-brown_suede-single_sole.jpg

Last edited:

willyto

Reaction score
I bought this pair of Vass loafers on December 2017 on Ebay for 200€ when I first discovered the brand, bought the book and basically was trying to get ahold of a new pair at an affordable price. Still not sure how I was able to buy them so cheap. I'm sure they must be MTO.

aTQmtd9.jpg

nZWtNTo.jpg

262sq15.jpg

hfBR04w.jpg

UeklFd8.jpg

Mrb5DW4.jpg

Zwhfmt9.jpg

twh3vEz.jpg

fQz8NXa.jpg

I haven't even dared to wear them yet because they look so nice New in Box. Now that my trusty Loding loafers have had the sole worn out I guess they deserve a maiden voyage. I have been wearing my other pairs from Vass often though. I'm just patient and wait for good deals on Ebay since I can't justify the full price and I've been lucky enough to find 3 pairs NIB for 200€ and less.

rc121

Reaction score
@willyto just a guess, but I'd bet those were made quite sometime ago. I've not seen a box like that and seems to be dated compared to the new box and font of "Vass". Still a good deal on nee old stock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads