• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gmehra

Reaction score
I appreciate the reply. Perhaps a bit condescending, but I will take it in the spirit of kindly given assistance. Which was, in this case, actually very helpful to identify the problem. As for comfort, they feel fine. Same as my other Vass. Your comment about molding over time is also true.

I am just unfamiliar with this style.

here are some pictures with lots of lines for reference. It appears that the left shoe (as worn) is a bit twisted and sits cocked to the left. I guess in the grand scheme of things they look great otherwise and fit decently. I’ll chalk it up to QC issues and move on with life.

Köszönöm szépen

View attachment 1455375 View attachment 1455374
they look fine to me

willyto

Reaction score
Vass posted on Instagram today:

I put inmediately a pair of London 3 eyelet F last , a pair of Theresianer antique cognac P2 and a pair of Theresianer Bordeaux P2 on my cart but while I was thinking about "Will I wear those black shoes? Will I wear burgundy derby shoes often enough?" I was left only with the Theresianer antique cognac brown in P2 last on my cart. Maybe for the best because I have an order for a pair of Clinch Brass Tokyo balmoral dress boots and those won't come cheap.

6aQFa0e.jpg

310€ shipped in total for a pair like these sounds like a pretty good deal to me but I am used to not paying more than 100-200€ for them on Ebay so almost feels expensive.

It must be the most I've spent on a pair of shoes for now...too bad I also slept on the Free Shipping last week :rolleyes: can't have it all! Also missed my sizes for the slippers in black and dark brown suede.

Meanwhile a few days ago I won a pair of NIB Theresianer suede shoes in P2 last and dainite soles from Ebay for 166€ shipped.

iWCCJcb.jpg

Vass second hand market is so undervalued and I am a bit happy about it because right now my Vass shoe rotation in order of purchase date on Ebay except the last Theresianer from Vass directly is :

- "Peter" Norweger Slipper oxblood calf(MTO) Size 42 (200€) NIB
- "Peter" Norweger derby grained calf leather dark brown. Size 42 (126€) Used
- "3636" Budapest black calf. Size 42 (157€) Never used
- "3636" London 5 eyelet black calf grained leather. Size 42 (126€) Used with just a few wears.
- "P2?" cognac brown calf Slipper with toe taps. Size 42 (199€) (Must sell,too big and roomy, probably P2)New
- "P2" Theresianer dark brown suede with dainite soles. Size 41,5 (150€) NIB
- "P2" Theresianer antique Cognac brown calf. Size 41,5 (280€) NIB

That roughly translates into around 180€ per pair without shipping that I've bought since 2018 and will last for a while. I am probably the worst customer they could get but I otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford the Vass collection of shoes rotation I have and I love good shoes.

I realize that I don't really have a "formal" shoe by Vass but it's a varied selection.

Last edited:

CWV

Reaction score

hi there I’m looking at that pair. Why does it says gre calf and brown calf? I’m co,or blind. Is it two tones? I don’t think so...
what could you tell me about the K Last?

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hi there I’m looking at that pair. Why does it says gre calf and brown calf? I’m co,or blind. Is it two tones? I don’t think so...
what could you tell me about the K Last?
It's hard to see from the picture but the shoe uses two different leather, grey calfskin above the balmoral line and brown calfskin below the balmoral line.

The K last is known to taper quite aggressively. For some people it's unwearable at standard widths. It's like the U last with even stronger toe taper. Most people size up half a size from their F, P2 last size.

duffyfluffy123

Reaction score
I saw the vass sale yesterday aswell, but i was not sure on sizing and it seems my sizes have sold out.
I was intrested in Theresianer in P2 last.
Could anyone help me with sizing on that last? I wear Uk 8.5 usually but i have wide feet usually the little toe area is the biggest problem and my left foot is a bitnwider than right. I measure about 10x27 cm.
I have Bodiley highland boot in chestnut in size 8.5 in E width which is normal that is same as C&J sky 3 335 last and Loake sedbergh boots in size 8.5 in G width 026 last and both feel too tight to be comfortable for over 30 minutes. I would say C&J fits a bit better oddly atleast i get less stress on my little toe and becomes uncomfortable longer time than Loakes.
My feet are a bit on the flat side but not flat, so i got recommended thin orthopedics pad to put inside shoes.
How comfortable is the P2 in toe area and should i check 42,5 or 43 ? How do they scale to UK sizes?
Thanks

CWV

Reaction score
It's hard to see from the picture but the shoe uses two different leather, grey calfskin above the balmoral line and brown calfskin below the balmoral line.

The K last is known to taper quite aggressively. For some people it's unwearable at standard widths. It's like the U last with even stronger toe taper. Most people size up half a size from their F, P2 last size.
I see. Thank you.
I really can’t see the two tones, but I don’t usually like those styles.
also, if it is so tapered ir might not be for me. As the SFer above I have problems with my little toe in the right foot(maybe a little wide?).
imusually wear a 42 but I’m kind of new to quality shoes, so don’t have many comparables. I’m42 in cheap Florsheim, I have an 8 UK Loake Capital last that is tight in the toe box, and a 9US Peal & Co boot (don’t know the maker nor last) which hurta my little right toe.
maybe I should wait to go some day to ?Budapest to try the, on lol

aragon765

Reaction score

Vass second hand market is so undervalued and I am a bit happy about it because right now my Vass shoe rotation in order of purchase date on Ebay except the last Theresianer from Vass directly is :

- "Peter" Norweger Slipper oxblood calf(MTO) Size 42 (200€) NIB
- "Peter" Norweger derby grained calf leather dark brown. Size 42 (126€) Used
- "3636" Budapest black calf. Size 42 (157€) Never used
- "3636" London 5 eyelet black calf grained leather. Size 42 (126€) Used with just a few wears.
- "P2?" cognac brown calf Slipper with toe taps. Size 42 (199€) (Must sell,too big and roomy, probably P2)New
- "P2" Theresianer dark brown suede with dainite soles. Size 41,5 (150€) NIB
- "P2" Theresianer antique Cognac brown calf. Size 41,5 (280€) NIB

That roughly translates into around 180€ per pair without shipping that I've bought since 2018 and will last for a while. I am probably the worst customer they could get but I otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford the Vass collection of shoes rotation I have and I love good shoes.

Man, I wish I knew which part of eBay you are searching - every time I try and find cheap Vass, I end up with this (note prices in $CDN):

1599758889909.png

Jan Capek

Reaction score
Could anyone help me with sizing on that last? I wear Uk 8.5 usually but i have wide feet usually the little toe area is the biggest problem and my left foot is a bitnwider than right. I measure about 10x27 cm.
I have Bodiley highland boot in chestnut in size 8.5 in E width which is normal that is same as C&J sky 3 335 last and Loake sedbergh boots in size 8.5 in G width 026 last and both feel too tight to be comfortable for over 30 minutes. I would say C&J fits a bit better oddly atleast i get less stress on my little toe and becomes uncomfortable longer time than Loakes.
My feet are a bit on the flat side but not flat, so i got recommended thin orthopedics pad to put inside shoes.
How comfortable is the P2 in toe area and should i check 42,5 or 43 ? How do they scale to UK sizes?
Thanks

I have wider feet as well (28.2, 11), incl. toes, and the P2 is comfortable in the front. For me 9.5 UK corresponds to 43.5 EUR in P2. Please note however that Theresianer, London and Budapest all feel slightly different on the same last (arranged from roomiest to tightest). I might squeeze into 43 Theresianer, but certainly not in 43 Budapest. I'd be leaning towards 42.5 if I were you.

Kivi D

Reaction score
Just got a couple pairs today and I was so sad to find out that they don’t fit me that well. I’ve got flat feet so it’s causing the inside quarter of the shoes to protrude. Check out the pictures below to see what I’m talking about.

Any advice on what I could do to help mitigate or resolve the issue? The overall fit of both shoes (F & K lasts) are spot on, from the heel to the forefoot to the toe box are nice and snug.

Sitting
5FB7F8F5-1D8F-4FF8-BA04-5C9FC15D0AC5.jpeg

Standing
9B2B0AB1-B6EA-49E1-BB46-9D8F97A776CD.jpeg

Both quarters of the shoes look like a V is starting to form.
D1073444-497D-49B6-AE29-E1916B3662C7.jpeg
66A2997E-28A9-499F-9A6D-E2703C687A9D.jpeg

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got a couple pairs today and I was so sad to find out that they don’t fit me that well. I’ve got flat feet so it’s causing the inside quarter of the shoes to protrude. Check out the pictures below to see what I’m talking about.

Any advice on what I could do to help mitigate or resolve the issue? The overall fit of both shoes (F & K lasts) are spot on, from the heel to the forefoot to the toe box are nice and snug.

Sitting
View attachment 1456263
Standing
View attachment 1456264
View attachment 1456265 View attachment 1456266
I had the same problem. I ended up giving up on Vass shoes. :( (might still try a boot)

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sitting
View attachment 1456263
Standing
View attachment 1456264
When they sit flat without your feet in them, how does the heel rest? Is there a gap either at the front or back of the heel?

Jan Capek

Reaction score

Sitting
View attachment 1456263
Standing
View attachment 1456264

This is indeed often caused by flat feet (my guess is that when your foot hangs in the air, the situation corrects itself), and made worse when the feet are wider than what the shoe was made for, and of course with low-rising shoes. I don't think there's a remedy for this, only mitigation. If I were you I'd visit an orthopedist to get custom fit insoles (full or 3/4 insoles from a store won't fix this), tie the shoes tightly, and wear long enough pants. Btw. I have the same issue on a few shoes, and paradoxically they are all very comfortable. Orthopedic insoles improved it by 50%. I would also recommend to any flat-footed person to try getting their oxfords on 6 eyelets (the higher rise improves things).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads