• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This came up elsewhere. The consensus was some mix of mahogany and black (and/or navy blue). If you're trying to darken a conventional burgundy down to oxblood, dark brown is also part of the mix.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I've only used neutral so far, very sparingly - they're still pretty new. But depending on how I am feeling about the colour, I'd happily use burgundy or brown or both.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My oxblood pair after many, many, many wearings:
orig.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
k last? very nice rogerp

man i want to try out k last. from some angles its as though i could pull it off

Last edited:

Goodman

Reaction score
Love that shoe as well and you are taking great care of them. You should post your regiment for these on the Shoe Care Tutorial thread because whatever you are doing it's working. (I guess Vass gets some credit for using great raw materials and making a great product - must help, can't hurt.)

MonteCarlo

Reaction score
My oxblood pair after many, many, many wearings:
Its incredible that they still look just like new. Truly a testament to the fine leathers used by Vass, and of course the good shoe care regime implemented by @RogerP :)

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It´s with great pleasure I join you after several years "eating" your shoes threads, especially on Vass. Mny Thaks to all of you, especially the coinnoisseur masters who I prefer not to mention cause the list is ambicious.

To introduce myself: shoe lover and a bit obssesed. Small collection made step by step over the past 12 years, all RTW; I started with JM Weston ( love Demi Chase) and them I throwed away my Lotusse´s and Sebago´s. Then followed, Church´s ( love grafton binder and my Ketsby booties), Alden (love shell 8 norwegian front derby), C&J and Carmina (I discovered the shell). I must add that, at the present moment I am a gunboat shoe follower and fully apassionate of AustroHungarian models/construcction due to some members...BUT NO VASS SHOES!!!...It is like to have no shoes.
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

I finally decided to e-mailed Vass directly 4 days ago to order 3 pairs of MTO shoes I´ve seen in this forum (3636 black shell Windsor (U cap) with medalion 270 goyser, P2 last Old English Black, F last Whole Cut Black ) but there is no reply. I whish I could fly to Budapest to try the lasts on and order, but If I do so,I will lose my family (no joke).

Could you please tell me if they will pay attention to my demands or I must go there to order anyway?. If yes, I must pay in advance and pick my pairs up there or Vass send them?. Any up to date description of the iemail purchasing process?. Any piece of advise, I am desperated so no sleep!!.
devil.gif

Many, many thanks.

Pics of Shell Carmina (sorry no Vass). I wear them in good health.
PD.-Sorry to open a new thread with same content.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They will get back to you but it can take a while; I think Rezso Kuti deals with all emails himself!
You can order by email, pay when complete and they'll fed-ex them to you.
(At least, that's how I did it)

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They will get back to you but it can take a while; I think Rezso Kuti deals with all emails himself!
You can order by email, pay when complete and they'll fed-ex them to you.
(At least, that's how I did it)
Then I should be patient,

Great thanks, I did not like to push Vass with further e-mails.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads