1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

has anyone experienced a situation where Vass decided to change the last you asked for? I ordered osloer boots on the 3636 (high-walled budapest last) and I received what appears to be boots shaped on the P2 last (lower toebox, and snugger instep). I don't particularly mind the change to a very similar alternative last, but the sizing is obviously different (will need thin socks for these).

P.S. Will add pics when I can find my camera (which aparently has been appropriated as a toy by my toddler). I'm wondering if this is something I should bother returning for (even though all I need are thinner socks to make the boots work)

2. Exdeath

Exdeath Senior member

My boots broke while being lasted. :(

Gotta wait for the replacement to be made. Sigh. Shell cordovan, why you gotta be so difficult

[​IMG]

3. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

@sleepyinsanfran, I don't find 3636 very high walled; very similar to p2 actually but with a little more room. Are you sure they subbed the last?

@Exdeath, that's horrible man!

4. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

I suffered the same issue, but Mr. Kuti resolved it very well (waiting another 2 month).

If you like the last, I am sure enough that they will strech with some wear to the point to use winter shocks. Put in the same size shoetree with a thick sock or maybe give them a step by step strech. I have done so with 2 pairs and it works perfectly if the lenght it is ok.

5. arahat

arahat Senior member

Beautiful shell budapesters @ktown :slayer:

6. Keal19

Keal19 Senior member

Just received my latest order! Might end up selling a pair or two of these - size 42!
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. Jazzmenco

Jazzmenco Senior member

And I thought I was out of control [​IMG]
    Love the split toes.

8. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

That is a feast!!. [​IMG]Do not sell any if fit is good.

Love all!!

9. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Fantastic haul @Keal19

10. Keal19

Keal19 Senior member

Thanks! Looking forward to shipping yours out so you can post a photo and I can see what they look like on a pair of feet!

11. ktown

ktown Senior member

Maiden voyage. @Torsion I don't notice any difference in fit between shell vs calf or even derby vs bal.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Me too!

13. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nice stuff, and well-proportioned for you. Pity about my feet and the U last-- I did once try on a pair that were incredibly comfortable, until I tried walking and not feeling like a clown. If I'd needed to kill cockroaches, on the other hand, they would have been fantastically practical.

14. mimo

mimo Senior member

The U last does have a very extended toe. I don't think yours looks any more crazy than any other. I guess it depends on how your feet are in proportion to the rest of you.

How much they are prepared to modify a last will vary case by case, but I can confirm that as of this morning, they do "semi-bespoke" only, i.e. modifications to an existing last. They are shoe makers, but not last makers.

MTOs on existing lasts are cheaper, of course. Which reminds me: anyone here order an "Italian oxford" (model 66) with a brown suede facing, U last, in a size 38? They look great! And who ordered big saltwater croc wholecuts? Now that's baller.

15. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

My poor U-cap took a beating this week. Two torrential downpours and I had to walk through inches of standing water after parking by a drain that backed up. Even with the goyser and double leather, I was surprised my feet remained dry.

Before and after some care... Bick 4 conditioner, Saphir bordeaux cream and Burgol neutral and black wax (forgot edge trim).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  16. plei89

plei89 Senior member

Nvm.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  17. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

Nice job on those Windsor which are infrecuently seen in this thread. For me they are a great model of Vass´ signature. P2 last?

18. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

19. hazwanazani

hazwanazani Well-Known Member

20. ino68

ino68 Senior member

Plum museum + oxblood scotch grain would be awesome!

I think I've seen a makeup like yours on this thread, and it worked very well, but the post about 'suit separates' is totally on point, it could look a bit odd if the two materials are not in the right hue.