• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ACLC

Reaction score
I get your point, although the shoes on that link are listed as B grade with full disclosure of the defects and at a discounted price as well.

Your shoes were in a worse state while not being classified as B grade. The message was clear since your first post. If you're not happy with your Vass shoes I'd suggest you send Vass an email or call them. This forum can't fix that for you. This is not an affiliate thread. Linking B grade shoes on their website isn't helping.

If your purpose was/is to vent your dissatisfaction with Vass shoes or with their customer service, it's well received by now. People, me amongst others, have also elaborated on the meaning of the "Vass charm" term you keep referring to. That has nothing to do with Vass themselves. This is a term used with tongue in cheek on the forum and nothing else.

Why are you still around recycling the same lines without adding anything new to the conversation? And on top of that linking B grades. What's your/the purpose when your message has been made clear by now?

I’m sorry… Do you work for Vass?? I’m not sure why else you take this so personally. Is this not a discussion forum? Or is there a rule here that no negative things can be said about Vass?

It was another poster that linked the original B Grade shoes, I only linked in my reply to you to prove a point. And I used the term “Vass Charm” in a tongue in cheek manner in my reply to the original poster - is that allowed? Or are you only allowed to use “Vass Charm” in a tongue in cheek manner when it is in a positive light?!

in fact, I don’t hold anything against Vass personally as even the best shoemaker may make mistakes.

Pleas enlighten me.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry… Do you work for Vass?? I’m not sure why else you take this so personally. Is this not a discussion forum? Or is there a rule here that no negative things can be said about Vass?

It was another poster that linked the original B Grade shoes, I only linked in my reply to you to prove a point. And I used the term “Vass Charm” in a tongue in cheek manner in my reply to the original poster - is that allowed? Or are you only allowed to use “Vass Charm” in a tongue in cheek manner when it is in a positive light?!

in fact, I don’t hold anything against Vass personally as even the best shoemaker may make mistakes.

Pleas enlighten me.
I'm not sure you understood my intention. Maybe I wasn't clear.

What I'm saying is that you've already vented your dissatisfaction more than once. And you keep recycling the same dissatisfaction without adding anything new. Please feel free to share your experience if you have something new to share, ie if you've gotten in touch with Vass or have received a response. We all would love to learn if there's new info. If not, I believe your message is clear by now. Isn't that fair?

ACLC

Reaction score
I'm not sure you understood my intention. Maybe I wasn't clear.

What I'm saying is that you've already vented your dissatisfaction more than once. And you keep recycling the same dissatisfaction without adding anything new. Please feel free to share your experience if you have something new to share, ie if you've gotten in touch with Vass or have received a response. We all would love to learn if there's new info. If not, I believe your message is clear by now. Isn't that fair?

If you believe a post adds no value to you, then you are free to ignore and not read. That is most fair.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you believe a post adds no value to you, then you are free to ignore and not read. That is most fair.
Derailing the thread with the same recurring message isn't. Ignoring isn't a constructive way forward. Adding value is. Which your recurrent message doesn't after the initial post.

ACLC

Reaction score
Derailing the thread with the same recurring message isn't. Ignoring isn't a constructive way forward. Adding value is. Which your recurrent message doesn't after the initial post.

Sorry, you don’t get to decide what adds value and what doesn’t for everyone else. Your replies to my post add no value to me and I shall practice what I preach and ignore from now. I will continue to post what I want (within forum rules) and if you don’t like it you can continue to have a cry and I shall continue to ignore. Adios

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, you don’t get to decide what adds value and what doesn’t for everyone else. Your replies to my post add no value to me and I shall practice what I preach and ignore from now. I will continue to post what I want (within forum rules) and if you don’t like it you can continue to have a cry and I shall continue to ignore. Adios
I'm sure most of us are here for value added and not repetition. Unless, of course, you're not. Which actually explains a lot.

I'm always amazed, nay, fascinated how people with a privileged attitude like you actually function in a constructive way in real life. Around real people. With real world problems. You do you, girl!
giphy (1).gif

Last edited:

ACLC

Reaction score
I'm sure most of us are here for value added and not repetition. Unless, of course, you're not. Which actually explains a lot.

I'm always amazed, nay, fascinated how people with a privileged attitude like you actually function in real life. Around real people. With real world problems. You do you, girl!
View attachment 1842134

“Real world” says the keyboard warrior. Do you tell everyone who says something you disagree with in the real world to shut up, Mr. Big Shot? Let me know how that goes for you in the “real world”.

Kanapa

Reaction score
Hymm

OK - little story about this B Norweger.
I maded a order in 2021 (corona) and after unboxing :(.
So - Vass maded complaint for new set and complaint procedure was really Profi.
Its not my first set of Vass🤣 and staff as Vass Shop is helpful.

Attachments

• 2FC62788-970E-452E-8446-4980C783F40D.jpeg
    2FC62788-970E-452E-8446-4980C783F40D.jpeg
    384.2 KB · Views: 132

sforum1

Reaction score
I get your point, although the shoes on that link are listed as B grade with full disclosure of the defects and at a discounted price as well.

Your shoes were in a worse state while not being classified as B grade. The message was clear since your first post. If you're not happy with your Vass shoes I'd suggest you send Vass an email or call them. This forum can't fix that for you. This is not an affiliate thread. Linking B grade shoes on their website isn't helping.

If your purpose was/is to vent your dissatisfaction with Vass shoes or with their customer service, it's well received by now. People, me amongst others, have also elaborated on the meaning of the "Vass charm" term you keep referring to. That has nothing to do with Vass themselves. This is a term used with tongue in cheek on the forum and nothing else.

Why are you still around recycling the same lines without adding anything new to the conversation? And on top of that linking B grades. What's your/the purpose when your message has been made clear by now?
I think he is adding much to the conversation. Certain things need to be cycled as much as possible. Prospective buyers need to know what they are about to get into. Both sides of the argument need to be heard. If we depended on you and others who are only willing to praise Vass (or could apply to any other brand) and get offended any time anything nagative is said about them, this world would be a much worse place. I personally find ACLC's input much more constructive and useful than yours.

Vass sizing is all over the place too. There, I said it. People need to know about this. Or be reminded of it. Becasue you could pay $600 and get stuck with the pair that does not fit, even though the exact same size and shoe, last time you bought it, fit perfectly. You, on the other hand, being here to attack anyone who does not own 100 pairs of Vass like you do and is obsessed with them, is not all that useful.

And you know who else needs to be reading this, besides prospective buyers? Vass themselves. Or they will never care any more than they do now, they'll only get worse.

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he is adding much to the conversation. Certain things need to be cycled as much as possible. Prospective buyers need to know what they are about to get into. Both sides of the argument need to be heard. If we depended on you and others who are only willing to praise Vass (or could apply to any other brand) and get offended any time anything nagative is said about them, this world would be a much worse place. I personally find ACLC's input much more constructive and useful than yours.

Vass sizing is all over the place too. There, I said it. People need to know about this. Or be reminded of it. Becasue you could pay $600 and get stuck with the pair that does not fit, even though the exact same size and shoe, last time you bought it, fit perfectly. You, on the other hand, being here to attack anyone who does not own 100 pairs of Vass like you do and is obsessed with them, is not all that useful.

And you know who else needs to be reading this, besides prospective buyers? Vass themselves. Or they will never care any more than they do now, they'll only get worse.
Read again and try again.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass sizing is all over the place too. There, I said it. People need to know about this. Or be reminded of it. Becasue you could pay $600 and get stuck with the pair that does not fit,

Vass sizing is an issue and it a reason why me not buy more Vass.

Shoes can be made to fit better:
- if too big, use thicker sock in cold seasons (high end sock look good)
- if too big- use a slight thick leather insole to snug things up
- a slight stretch if need be (not too much)
(rtw is rtw - sometimes tricks need to be done to optimize fit)

This method can work for some feet but not all feet.

Last edited:

ACLC

Reaction score
To update, I have been in contact with Vass and I am very impressed with their customer service, albeit the initial slow response time.

They have checked their pictures of my shoes which they took before sending to me and agree that the shoes were not in a satisfactory condition (not sure why they sent them anyway but will give benefit of doubt).

They have offered to exchange the shoes and have arranged a FedEx pickup at their expense. Now I have more confidence in the brand based on their customer service.

And to future buyers who may have similar issues, please don’t accept unsatisfactory defects as “Vass Charm” like some of these fanboys here would tell you. Vass CS has been top notch and I’m sure they will sort you out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads