• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've also wondered about this....

Cant you get in on this Stephen ?? With all the contacts here surely Malford Of London could handle this and i'll then buy off you. You have the site all set up etc etc Got to be better than Ascot FFS

Bespoke England for Gaziano , Malford London for Vass.????

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cant you get in on this Stephen ?? With all the contacts here surely Malford Of London could handle this and i'll then buy off you. You have the site all set up etc etc Got to be better than Ascot FFS

Bespoke England for Gaziano , Malford London for Vass.????

I'll look into it ;)

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My guess is that the folks at Ascot shoes buy unclaimed MTO pairs directly from Vass. When I placed my MTO order with Vass, I didn't have to pay anything before the pair was finished. There must be some clients who change their minds every year.

I can't imagine it's this. Ascot has entire size ranges of different MTO models.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My guess is that the folks at Ascot shoes buy unclaimed MTO pairs directly from Vass. When I placed my MTO order with Vass, I didn't have to pay anything before the pair was finished. There must be some clients who change their minds every year.

If you check the Ascot ebay shop youll see that you have to wait for the shoes, as in they are a MTO. So that cant be the case although im not saying he hasnt some of those but check the link see what you think.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really can't imagine why anyone would ever buy anything from Ascot Shoes. Their prices are always 30%+ higher than what you could get directly from Vass or Kolecho. I also don't find the models available on their site very nice. Not a good combo.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 don't understand why anyone would buy Vass from Ascot at his current prices, and his seem to be the very worst examples of Vass' craft. Is it poss they're some kind of practice shoes that Vass can't sell ? There are 20+ makers, clickers and sewers in the workshop and they must produce some seconds. Ascot does, though, have the odd bargain in other marques.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1 don't understand why anyone would buy Vass from Ascot at his current prices, and his seem to be the very worst examples of Vass' craft. Is it poss they're some kind of practice shoes that Vass can't sell ? There are 20+ makers, clickers and sewers in the workshop and they must produce some seconds. Ascot does, though, have the odd bargain in other marques.

I doubt it's 2nd, I mean why does it take 7 to 10 weeks (according to his ebay side) to make MTO Vass second...

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I doubt it's 2nd, I mean why does it take 7 to 10 weeks (according to his ebay side) to make MTO Vass second...

what i mean is practice shoes and seconds = some of both
Vass is big on peeps 'learning the craft' over yrs. maybe some are MTO apprentice shoes

Simplicio

Reaction score
Hello all,

I thought I'd share some low-grade Appreciation of my first Vass. Sorry that the photography is not quite up to the standard of the thread. These are, of course, the Old English II in black calf, F last. You've seen them before, but I thought they might still be worth a viewing.

I think that these fit me and that I should keep them, but I am still wrestling with the decision. My heel and arch feel good in this size, and the ball of my foot seems to be right where it should be. But I do have that extra bit of room in the forefoot that many people here have mentioned. I think it is OK, and that the F last is just designed to be slightly long and bulky in the forefoot. They seem to look good. But still, I have to be sure before I truly commit.

In any case, I think they are beautiful shoes and I love them.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello all,

I thought I'd share some low-grade Appreciation of my first Vass. Sorry that the photography is not quite up to the standard of the thread. These are, of course, the Old English II in black calf, F last. You've seen them before, but I thought they might still be worth a viewing.

Those are stunning - congrats :) These are next on my list. Photography is spot on!

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely shoes! The F last is tough to beat. As long as your feet aren't sliding around in them I'd say keep them. I've found myself preferring a bit more room in the toe box these days. Just wear them around the house a little more and see how it pans out. Good luck!

Simplicio

Reaction score

Those are stunning - congrats :) These are next on my list. Photography is spot on!

Lovely shoes! The F last is tough to beat. As long as your feet aren't sliding around in them I'd say keep them. I've found myself preferring a bit more room in the toe box these days. Just wear them around the house a little more and see how it pans out. Good luck!

+1 And also puts paid the notion only brown shoes. That is a beautiful pair of black brogues.

Thanks for the kind words. I do feel a pride of ownership. I just hope that it doesn't impair my ability to assess the fit rationally.

Everyone needs black shoes. But if I can get the sizing sorted I may well move on to other colors and others leathers. Vass is good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads