• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if Vass have museum calf shoes in store, if so is there extra charge for museum calf?

Example models yes. For purchase no. They pretty much have every leather they carry in some form in the showroom, but their actual stock is limited. Expect them to encourage you to go the MTO route.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day out on the pavement.

rc121

Reaction score

Just got a reply from the owner. It is indeed OE 1
if I recall correctly the difference in the OE2 and OE1 has nothing to do with the broguing but whether the seams on the quarter touch the welt. If you want no broguing, you ask for the OE plain

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if I recall correctly the difference in the OE2 and OE1 has nothing to do with the broguing but whether the seams on the quarter touch the welt. If you want no broguing, you ask for the OE plain
This is absolutely correct.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Roger! And thanks also for the inspiration.

Well, after 4 miles of walking the pavement today, I did end up with a nasty blister on the top of my big toe due to this last's super low vamp, but otherwise the fit is incredible. If the vamp leather will soften up a bit more as the shoe breaks in, I can confidently say that U is the perfect RTW last for my feet. :)

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was able to try a few Vass at NMWA trunk show today.

Pretty sure I am:

P2 last: 40.5F
U last: 40.5G
F last: 40.5G

Was amazed at the quality of the calf and construction. What an awesome value.

Last edited:

soender

Reaction score
Did you use that for deciding a pair? Still on the fence about a design? Or did you just want to share your shoe size with the internet? ;)

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was able to try a few Vass at NMWA trunk show today.

Pretty sure I am:

P2 last: 40.5F
U last: 40.5G
F last: 40.5G

Was amazed at the quality of the calf and construction. What an awesome value.
Did not you try 3636 or R lasts?.

Was F last in 40.5G size a bit loose for you?. I wear 42.5 F last and the fit is snug so I was planning to get the U last and size up 0.5 or to go for a 42.5 G for 2016 (London model or DM).

I understand you have a high instep and a wid-ish ball?.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was F last in 40.5G size a bit loose for you?. I wear 42.5 F last and the fit is snug so I was planning  to get the U last and size up 0.5 or to go for a 42.5 G for 2016 (London model or DM).  

I did not get to try those lasts. They weren't available in anything close to my size. And my assumptions are just that: assumptions, based on the available sizes :)

And correction for P2:

I am either a 40G (half size down from F/U, same width) or 40.5F (same length, one width narrower). Not sure I could go down a full size from the 41F I tried on. Length was a tad long and lots of room across ball and in toe box.

Surprised at how generous the Vass lasts were, because I'm 7.5E in Barrie, 7.5F in EG 82, 7F in GG MH71.

Last edited:

Webbo

Reaction score

Was F last in 40.5G size a bit loose for you?. I wear 42.5 F last and the fit is snug so I was planning  to get the U last and size up 0.5 or to go for a 42.5 G for 2016 (London model or DM).  

A high instep and wide ball would definitely describe my feet and recent experience with Vass have proven to me that I need half a size up on both the the R and 3636 lasts when compared to the P2 in which I am a solid 44. They are definitely shorter lasts, also for the R I have gone up also one width from standard too.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A high instep and wide ball would definitely describe my feet and recent experience with Vass have proven to me that I need half a size up on both the the R and 3636 lasts when compared to the P2 in which I am a solid 44. They are definitely shorter lasts, also for the R I have gone up also one width from standard too.
I do not own the R last but my experience is that 3636 is really short specially compare to P2 last (even with F last).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elstir2024