• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

induere_to

Reaction score
As the city is starting to slowly let businesses open, I was informed yesterday that I will be getting back to working on Tuesday.

So, if anyone no longer fits into their suits due to corona-snacking, you know how to contact me.

You can find me at Brenton's in Yorkville.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As the city is starting to slowly let businesses open, I was informed yesterday that I will be getting back to working on Tuesday.

So, if anyone no longer fits into their suits due to corona-snacking, you know how to contact me.

You’re working there now?

FrogTO

Reaction score

Hey Tim - do you have pictures of the "house style"?

I understand bespoke tailors can move away from their house style but would like to see a typical suit or sportcoat.

induere_to

Reaction score
Hey Tim - do you have pictures of the "house style"?

I understand bespoke tailors can move away from their house style but would like to see a typical suit or sportcoat.

They describe themselves to be more of a British cut. They say they get more inspiration from Dege & Skinner. I commissioned a tweed jacket through them with soft shoulders but it had been nine weeks since I placed the order by the time the city got locked down. Hopefully I'll get it soon and I can comment further on it, however, if the weather turns in my favour I won't be able to wear the jacket until October.

Their house-cut trouser is a two-inch wide waistband with an extended closure, which is a bit more Italian, but also more similar to what I do with my trousers.

However, like you said, it's bespoke, and they should be able to accommodate per request. I'm going to get my first suit as a double-breasted with rather demanding details... see how it goes.

Aelric

Reaction score
I actually have a finished sport coat commission from them, with another one in the works. It's definitely a more drape style cut with extended shoulders. Ignore the wrinkles, I've been working from my gf's couch since the border closed and am slouching a bit. Front is clean when I stand up straight.

Attachments

• IMG_20200513_124824.jpg
    IMG_20200513_124824.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20200513_124831.jpg
    IMG_20200513_124831.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 64

FrogTO

Reaction score
I actually have a finished sport coat commission from them, with another one in the works. It's definitely a more drape style cut with extended shoulders. Ignore the wrinkles, I've been working from my gf's couch since the border closed and am slouching a bit. Front is clean when I stand up straight.

Very nice. Agree with the English influence.

hrv123

Reaction score
Anyone else have experience with Brenton? Can anyway provide pics similar to what Aelric did. The instagram shots don't really highlight the fit of the garments adequately.

@Aelric Is that your first commission?

EddieK

Reaction score

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh someone tell me this isn't real??

People are stupid, selfish and DGAF

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was very real: I saw a couple of Instagram stories filming this live.

My sister, niece and I were downtown today, and settled in Bellevue Square Park for an hour after running a couple of errands in Kensington Market. While populated, most people kept their distance. (There was a group of 15 young people together though - WTF guys!) The initial plan was to head to Trinity Bellwoods Park, but we didn't want to relocate and we were getting hungry. After seeing that video, thank God we didn't go!

BrentonCoTailors

Reaction score
Timothy's instagram post today brought up what we think can be a very intriguing discussion. And since this is a great place to ignite those sorts of things, I thought we could plant the seed:

What place does bespoke tailoring have in a city run by made to measure options? Should we offer bespoke? We do offer made-to-measure, why should we not just offer that?

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Timothy's instagram post today brought up what we think can be a very intriguing discussion. And since this is a great place to ignite those sorts of things, I thought we could plant the seed:

What place does bespoke tailoring have in a city run by made to measure options? Should we offer bespoke? We do offer made-to-measure, why should we not just offer that?
Tim has rescued me from my past nightmares of made to measure experiences to what is the best fit resulting in excellent garments in my wardrobe now!! Toronto’s Mens tailoring is sub par at best but we are all entitled our our opinions!! IMO it is not always the shop/ store but who is there to measure you and guide you. The man also is an inspiration of classic mens attire in a city saturated with tight/ short fashion induced garbage.

If you are able to offer both and you have a clientele for both then why not? Corvettes are nice cars and so are Mclaren!!

And with Tim at Brenton.... there should be no limitations!!! Mr. Hanchett hits Grand Slams all day long!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads