The Ultimate Toronto Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scatterbrain, Dec 29, 2014.

1. SirReveller

SirReveller Senior member

Awesome. Guys Jok is 'sauga but also works dtown for pickup drop off.

2. Jayess

Jayess Active Member

Try the HR outlet at heartland. I remember seeing a rack of red/burgundy belts there for 59.99

3. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

I'll try the outlet on Monday. Thanks. I went Harry sherway and square 1. Burgundy or red not on sale. 195$ for a Hugo boss. No thanks.

I do have another request if it's alright. Navy or burgundy grenadine tie, and not a drakes for 200$+. It would be a last minute emergency, in the event the Henry Carter I ordered doesn't arrive by Thursday. Leaving town Friday AM.
    Would buy used from a local Member Thursday night.
    PM me if you can be of any help. Or know who has them in stock. Thanks

4. Bill Dlwgosh

Bill Dlwgosh Senior member

^If I had one, I'd just loan it to you. The closest to your request, out of my small collection would be a Hober Midnight Blue Reppe.

5. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

This may sound like heresy, but why not just go to Winners and grab a cheap $20 burgundy leather belt? It won't look much different than a $250 belt when worn, and if it only lasts you a year or two, well it only cost you $20.

6. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

I actually did check one. I don't need an expensive belt, it's more finding the colour. But I will whip into a bunch of places Monday and find something I'm sure, no worries guys.

7. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Try the bay. I've gotten most of my belts from there and they're all about $30 or so. Been holding up fine for years now

8. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Got one. Harry outlet. House brand. Dead nuts match. Thanks for all the help guys.

9. akoustas

akoustas Senior member

Yeah belts are one of the last things you want to be dropping some serious coin on. Obviously a $20 belt isn't going to last you, but I've bought a couple from the Bay (couldn't find a tan one anywhere for a reasonable price) and they're still holding up just fine. I splurged on a Canali one once and it is quite nice, but I can't say a $200 belt is 4x better or sturdier than a $50 belt.

10. SirReveller

SirReveller Senior member

Don't do Winners. Glue, plastic and cheap plated metals. I just tossed a bunch to goodwill. (And if you're a branded-belt guy you're really stuck.)
    The $100 Rosen or similar is your spot IMO. A $150 on sale is perfect.

11. rwtc

rwtc Senior member

May I inquire which brand you went with? My past experience with the Bay belts is that they break after about 6 months (of course, YMMV). I now go with Brooks Brothers belts and they have held up for years.

12. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

You have great timing. I just checked. I have two belts, one is from Perry Elis and the other is from RL, although it says Lauren Ralph Lauren.

I only wear both belts with matching shoes once a week, so I"m not sure what your mileage is. I for one will not pay alot of money for a belt so both are fine for my standards.

Funny enough, I have a casual brown belt from the Gap for years now and I wear the hell out of that thing and it's held up fine.

13. akoustas

akoustas Senior member

Yeah I think one is a Dockers Belt. Just one solid piece of leather. Was about $40 and I've had it 3 years and counting.

14. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Quote:And you can find those on sale for half that price. I just don't see the value in spending big money on belts.

15. Bill Dlwgosh

Bill Dlwgosh Senior member

When a guy with a shoe collection as extensive as RogerP's says there's not much value in expensive belts, that takes the pressure off on my end to not spend big dollars on belts. Thanks :)

My only belt is a Dockers that I recently discovered is actually reversible. Aside from being my 1 dress belt I wear it Every day to work as a (sort of) contractor and it's held up fine. I'll get some 'real' belts down the road.