1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scatterbrain, Dec 29, 2014.

1. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

I believe the Doucal ones have a much lower price point.

2. BlackChiney8

BlackChiney8 Well-Known Member

This is the "Gianni" model which is in stock at both Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus online and costs around $3000 CAD with shipping and conversion/duties.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  3. althanis

althanis Senior member

You sound a little defensive, but you shouldn't be! Just wear and enjoy your shoes in good health!

4. BlackChiney8

Sorry althanis. I can see how that came off as defensive. I'll admit that it slightly bothers me when some members belittle others based on THEIR choices. There are vastly diverse walks of life on here (from the casual Nike wearing person to the John Lobb aficionado) and I just don't understand why some find the need to react to others with bashing and feeling their opinions/knowledge is superior to everyone else. Like Master-Classer just mentioned, some actually like and appreciate the styling of certain items without getting into the argument about worth and price point. I can assure you that no garment with a designer name or that is produced by an artisan is ACTUALLY worth the cost that is charged for the item. At the same time, it isn't worth it to get bent out of shape or take offense because someone else differs in opinion since that's life...

5. suitforcourt

suitforcourt Senior member

Question about TF, Max Verre, and Doucal shoes (I did try researching online, and could not find the answer):

Do these shows have widths like EEE? I'm 8.5 EEE. Also, do these shoes use goodyear welt? I have to wear orthotics, so need the solid sole to support.

Thanks.

6. othertravel

I think for TF shoes they use a bologna welt. I haven't seen TF shoes in EEE. But they do offer a custom/semi bespoke service. Or alternatively, you can ask Harry Rosen if they can order a size in a custom width.

But keep in mind that not all TF shoes are of the same quality. The good stuff is $1500 and up.

7. othertravel

And do you mind telling us where you got the shoes from at such a great price?

8. BlackChiney8

Grailed and eBay is where I find most of my things.

Were any of you Toronto SF members a part of this Amazon Tumi deal that seems to be getting a bad wrap now. Basically, on Christmas Eve, a sale was posted on RFD that Tumi luggage, backpacks and briefcases (A lot of items from various lines) were on sale for up to 80% off. I got the "V3 International Carry On" luggage for $109.99 when it retails for $560 or something close to 600.

Although now it seems as though Amazon is trying not to honour the sales. Some have reported receiving their items already, but my order status was changed and now it says "Will ship when more stock is available" or some BS like that. I can guarantee that the item was "in stock" when I ordered and I find it completely shady for Amazon to sell so many units then claim that stock/backorder is the reason orders can't be fulfilled. Do they not have any inventory system or way of indicating that an item's capacity has been reached? A good amount of people have said that Amazon just outright cancelled their orders and they received an email stating they will "not be able to stock this item again", which again sounds very BS. The carry on luggage did have a message that it would ship in "a month after order" but it also had a guaranteed delivery estimate of February. 7th. (which has passed).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  9. othertravel

10. colHolm

colHolm Senior member

11. othertravel

12. colHolm

colHolm Senior member

13. althanis

althanis Senior member

What's with all the edited/deleted comments?

And no, didn't buy anything from that Tumi sale.

14. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

15. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior member

16. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

17. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior member

In other news, I wasn't able to get the flush toe taps installed by Carmina at the factory as it shipped ahead of schedule, oh well.

18. othertravel

Hey guys, a while back I offered a grenadine proxy in various colors from a boutique that doesn't ship to Canada.

Any interest in running it again?

Colours: blue, black, Bordeaux, forest green, silver, brown, fuschia.

Price last time was $49 per tie, and it would be $55 CAD this time since the boutiques prices went up a bit. If you buy two, it'll be $99.

Made in Italy, lined, and 8cm width.

1 person likes this.
  19. KWang94

KWang94 Well-Known Member

Quote:I'm interested. Just had a navy tie commissioned by Sam Hober so I'm looking to add to my texture tie collection. Thinking either green or Bordeaux.

20. chiggyv

chiggyv Senior member

I'd be interested. Likely in a Blue (navy?) and Bordeaux.

If you were to own only two ties I'm thinking those would be the ones?