• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOstyle

Reaction score
^^ Definitely interested in knowing how much the G&G's are. Looking to get a pair of those without breaking the bank...

For OTR tux options, can't think of anything other than HR and Suit Supply.

FrogTO

Reaction score
It was 2 full sizes to small so I didn't ask. Certainly, you could phone Leatherfoot and ask as there is only 1 pair of G&G wingtip in the store.

They were 50% off so probably just below $1k.

Last edited:

borbor

Reaction score
Had the pleasure of briefly meeting @RogerP today. That man just oozes style
cheers.gif
. (/nohomo lol)

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks borbor, it was a pleasure meeting you and I hope we have the chance to do so again when we're both not rushing off elsewhere.

BTW - amazing fit for me on the Zileri jacket - all I'm doing is the sleeves. Thanks for delivering (literally) a great deal.

TOstyle

Reaction score
Lot's of shoe talk in this thread, but does anyone have any recommendations for good eyeglasses? I'm due for a new pair, and looking for a good, stylish and well-priced pair.

I've been looking around, and have checked out Cutler and Gross, Spectacle, Josephson, the horribly named Pink Eye Optical, Optic Zone. And this new place on Queen called Bailey Nelson, which looks like a Canadian knock-off of Warby Parker - which is a good thing, since their specs are good and cheap.

Nothing2SeeHere

Reaction score
Lot's of shoe talk in this thread, but does anyone have any recommendations for good eyeglasses? I'm due for a new pair, and looking for a good, stylish and well-priced pair.

I've been looking around, and have checked out Cutler and Gross, Spectacle, Josephson, the horribly named Pink Eye Optical, Optic Zone. And this new place on Queen called Bailey Nelson, which looks like a Canadian knock-off of Warby Parker - which is a good thing, since their specs are good and cheap.

What about Rapp?

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Warby Parker is coming to Canada. I like Spectacle and Josephsen's. Try Gafas on Queen St W

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find eyeglasses to be a massive ripoff across the board and am glad that I only recently started wearing them. What they ask for a frickin piece of plastic is scandalous.

/rant

Would love to hear of a good style / quality / value combo as well.

borbor

Reaction score
Thanks borbor, it was a pleasure meeting you and I hope we have the chance to do so again when we're both not rushing off elsewhere.

BTW - amazing fit for me on the Zileri jacket - all I'm doing is the sleeves. Thanks for delivering (literally) a great deal.
i was in the area anyway :) don't sweat it.

Glad it found a new home.

TOstyle

Reaction score
Warby Parker is coming to Canada. I like Spectacle and Josephsen's. Try Gafas on Queen St W
Sweet. Do you know when? I know they deliver to Canada, but I'm a try before you buy kind of guy. I've been in Chi/ NYC for work so I typically try them on there, but great if there is a bricks and mortar option in the hometown.

I find eyeglasses to be a massive ripoff across the board and am glad that I only recently started wearing them. What they ask for a frickin piece of plastic is scandalous.

/rant

Would love to hear of a good style / quality / value combo as well.
Agree completely. It's gouging given that it is in lots of cases cheap plastic with a brand name slapped on. Or good quality acetate but too high an asking price (cough Cutler and Gross cough). I've liked the stuff I've seen at Josephsons, and gotten a pair of OPs I thought was good value. Not too cheap, not overly expensive.

The Bailey Nelsons looked okay, and for $150 a good low-risk option. But quality was along the Warby Parker lines (so just okay).

That's my summary so far.

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet. Do you know when? I know they deliver to Canada, but I'm a try before you buy kind of guy. I've been in Chi/ NYC for work so I typically try them on there, but great if there is a bricks and mortar option in the hometown.

I seem to recall reading about it on their website but can't find anything on it now.

I checked out Bailey Nelson when they opened but wasn't enamored with their designs. Suspiciously good pricing too...

TOstyle

Reaction score
Agree re: designs. I've been in a couple of times. The last time there was one pair I liked (out of like 10 styles). But you only need one...

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For my most recent Shoe Bank purchase, I did everything over the phone (i.e. no email was required). In addition, I didn't pay anything at all when I picked up the order. I was expecting to pay HST, but didn't for some reason. Perhaps I just got lucky. End result was a pair of brand new AEs for well under $300 CAD all-in.

Hey guys,

All AE for Brooks Brothers shoes were marked down to $99!!! Every. Single. One.

Just ordered these from the Shoe Bank for $99: :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads