1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scatterbrain, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Spex

Spex Senior member

Nice price. I didn't even think to see if they had any shoes in my size when I went to grab a Black Fleece OCBD this afternoon. Went home with a dark grey/light grey uni stripe version. Normally $235 down to $75! And the fit was awesome actually! May need to go back for 1 or 2 more.

2. Deoraby

Deoraby Active Member

I've been wearing those BBBF OCBDs for a few years...with the collection finishing I've been stocking up...

Im less impressed by the other items in the BF collection...$2500 retail for a suit made in thailand seems a lot. 68% off makes it more enticing but still.....

The shoes are great though...bought the brown grain leather boots from RBC last week...$220....there was still a size US12 black grain leather there yesterday.....I think that they are a brogued version of the C&J Coniston......which you can pick up on the other side of the same BB branch for $850!

3. Cityplace

Cityplace Senior member

4. ADub

ADub Senior member

Thanks for the heads up. I booked it to the store in person hoping to pick up the navy briefcase but it was sold out online when I got there. They did have one on display and they were willing to offer 30% off but that's still almost $100 more after tax than the online price. I hope one of you picked it up; it's a really good bag at a very low price. I did pick up the zippered tote and am glad I went in today seeing how all Filson on sale are sold out now.

5. ADub

ADub Senior member

The shoes are definitely the best deals if you like the style and they have your size. For the quality and the price you could even buy them with the intent to resell if you are so inclined. I've tried the Coniston; it's a very nice shoe but I just tried the EG Galway today and it's my new favourite boots.

6. Deoraby

Deoraby Active Member

The Galway is beautiful...but that's a lot of money (admittedly for a lot of shoe)....

All the BBBF stock has now been moved to the RBC branch from the other stores. I see Zac Posen has been announced as the new womenswear designer for BB so i suspect that BBBF will be relaunched soon with another name replacing Thom Browne.

7. gs77

gs77 Senior member

Anyone seen this lovelly combo from Mr. PM?
    I can't understand why some Canadian media (Star and the like) are marketing this guy as a "style icon". And in Davos, no less...

Shoes [​IMG] socks [​IMG]

The article where I read this has a title "Socks - the simbol of what's to come"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Gingham Check10

Gingham Check10 Member

Having been lurking on this forum for about a month, posters here really like the shantungs, so I thought I'd give it a try. Somebody mentioned they saw grenadine ties, but I don't recall seeing any of those on the sale tables.

BF size BB3 is a 15.5 neck, but the sleeves would be too short for you.

9. chiggyv

chiggyv Senior member

EDIT: Misread the post

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  10. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

We should be more worried about more important things rather than his socks

11. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior member

Are you fellas referring to the scotch/pebble grain C&J Black Fleece offerings?

12. tricky

tricky Senior member

100% agree

(sorry, couldn't help myself)

13. ADub

ADub Senior member

I recall seeing a burgundy wingtip, pebble grain boots, a black wingtip, and a suede I don't even know what to call it. I could stop by sometime tomorrow to snap a picture and ask for sizes available if people want to know.

1 person likes this.
  14. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior member

If you could that'd be great, mucho thanks!

15. NickInTO

NickInTO Senior member

On the scotch grain boot, 12 US was the only size left. In the black scotch grain wingtips, i think there was a 9US and 9.5. I had to size down half a size, buy ymmv.

16. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Yeah I'd like to know too please, 8.5/9

17. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Galways rule. Which version did you try on?

18. gs77

gs77 Senior member

Yes, but this is Style Forum, after all :)

And I also think: "He should be more worried about more important things rather than his sock"

1 person likes this.
  19. ADub

ADub Senior member

I tried on the one with gold textured Utah leather with a Dainite sole. It's a custom make ordered by LeatherFoot.

[​IMG]

20. Duppy

Duppy Well-Known Member

The sale is still going on, as part of the sidewalk sales in the PATH.