• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread

blklblk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I found that the 17 bus goes to pioneer. It also goes to crazy homeless people and men beating their sons on the bus
uhoh.gif

I saw a intoxicated homeless man get his booze poured out by the cops after he tried touching a one armed girl at the max station in beaverton last week..

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
lol well that's kind of funny. Classic Portland.

pdxpdx

Reaction score
Does reveille stock anything interesting Sugar Cane stuff? I haven't gone there yet. Local 35 has great sales all of the time, their staff is friendly enough. My favorite low key place to drink on the East Side other than what that has been mentioned was the basement back when you could smoke inside (its still pretty good). The Roadside Attraction has a good porch for sunny days. Chin Yen down the street from Beauhaland has the cheapest bucket of liquor for cheap. Circa 33 on Belmont has the classiest drinks in SE and a bartender that can make a drink.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
36. Portland
For the average Portlander in the city's pre-modern era"”the 1980s and '90s"”social convention dictated what could be worn: outdoor gear with lots of zippers; floppy sandals and thick wool socks; plaid flannel; maybe a Stetson. Anyone who tried to affect an urban look was branded a "Californian." But now, Portland, like, say, China, is no longer a traditional society and its immemorial fashions are being displaced and re-imagined as it's sucked into the vortex of style modernity. The old and the new mix freely; confused, and unencumbered by the rigid aesthetic diktats of village life (shorts + Tevas + raincoat, regardless of weather), they mate promiscuously. The result is an embarrassment of bewildering sartorial neologisms, only to be found in Portland. Under the rain and grey skies, let a thousand style follies bloom. The global and the local have spawned the Portland douche bag: True Religion jeans and rhinestone-laden shirt set off by Oregon staples"”cowboy boots and a fleece. At one of the city's most New Yorkian bars, in the Ace Hotel, amid the ranks of identically plaid-shirted and black-framed hipsters, one might glimpse a fully gothed-out, red-headed woman, resplendent in a purple velvet cape and vintage Victorian dress, sitting alone eating French fries"”the incongruous, the absurd"”is Portland's normal."”Taimur Khan

Read More http://www.gq.com/style/fashion/2011...#ixzz1RrTDVocI
frown.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Haha saw that there. I was surprised it wasn't lower.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I was literally just about to quote this article! I think my favorite line was about Raleigh: Pleats as their city's mascot hahaha.

Portland really is pretty terribly dressed

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pendelton x oc thing was beat.

Hit upright brewings tasting room bootleg basement. Highly reccomended. 3$ 12oz pours of some amazing saison among others. Your basically in the brewery sitting on kegs.
Then went over to cascade brewing. Good lowkey patio spot. Lots of sours.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NAU PORTLAND WAREHOUSE SALE
50 - 80% Off
July 21-24, 2011
525 NW 10th Avenue (cross street: Hoyt) Portland, OR 97209

Hours
Thursday 21: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Friday 22: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday 23: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday 24: 11:00am - 5:00pm

The deal
0.5% of all proceeds are donated to Mercy Corps!

oisin

Reaction score
Good thread. heading to portland for a few days in August. Can anyone give me a top 5 or 10 of things to see/do? Especially interested in good beer (sounds like i may find that on every block), fairly inexpensive but tasty food (especially seasonal, local blah blah stuff), and just cool stuff to see/do. Already compiled a big list from this thread but want to narrow it down. thanks.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fire. I'll be hitting up both of these. What kinds of products does Nau carry? I've only ever seen a waterproof jacket/blazer hybrid from them...

karmaguy

Reaction score

We're gonna have a Dunderdon, Blackbird, Tanner Goods grand-opening party with free gifts and free booze the last weekend of July.

Details forthcoming....

so sad i'll be missing this :/
not back to the area until late august

dsbkoko

Reaction score

NAU PORTLAND WAREHOUSE SALE
50 - 80% Off
July 21-24, 2011
525 NW 10th Avenue (cross street: Hoyt) Portland, OR 97209

Hours
Thursday 21: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Friday 22: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday 23: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday 24: 11:00am - 5:00pm

The deal
0.5% of all proceeds are donated to Mercy Corps!

Anyone hit this up on Thursday? Thoughts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads