• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

+ The Streetwear Suits and Blazers Thread +

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's that bad but when you think of something of damir you think slim and cool but it's really just seems generic.

Dorje

Reaction score
First jacket looks bad... The one button and overly closed quarters.. No good. 2nd pic would be so much better without the red square which is .... Also the bottom with denim and boots looks too aggressive for the top half. I'd swap the shirt for a tee. Or kept the top and changed to sleeker boots or shoes. Like some dark brown bluchers. Either way square has gotta go.

I probably shouldn't have posted those pics, they are really bad... the DD is a 2 button blazer and does look weird in the photo... the fit looks a lot better than the pic suggests. Pants aren't jeans and shoes aren't boots either.

Here's a pic from the corner, it shows the shape of the blazer a lot better and is closer to what it looks like IRL. I actually really like the aesthetics and it's really impressive up close, but it's a looser fit through the waist and hips and might go better with baggier pants than what I was wearing. I just have to decide if I want something cut slimmer...

I will post a fit on waywt tomorrow and take an poll on whether to keep or return... I'll also take some detailed pics, because it looks so much better up close than in the pics. I want to like it but if the fit is off then it's off and I'll return it.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That looks a lot better on you than it does on me. The shoulders are key. That shoulder line fits you very well. It the shoulders don't fit right, the whole thing would look seriously off. I am considerably more built that you are through the shoulders and chest, and the "hoho drape" just sort of bulged in wierd places for me. I would keep that if I were you. Nice pick up. I'd probably wear it with baggier pants though, and maybe a tee instead of a button up shirt.

You can also get a navy suit, but they would serve completely different purposes. This can look cool at a bar or just thrown over jeans and a tee. A navy suit would be much more formal, unless you really go nuts with proportions or material.

Thanks man

FWIW I was considering a 2 piece suit by Siki Im

DividedWay

Reaction score
Dorje, I think the blazer could look awesome, but it's never going to look right if you style it like it's a normal blazer. Damir can look great, but not over a bis-caz look.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's fair, but just fyi these pictures are from REI in downtown Boulder. No, it's not a metropolis, and poorly-dressed it may be, but you're much less likely to get your teeth broken for being a ****** in Boulder than you are in a lot of places. CU students might yell "hammer pants" at you, but it's far from the most unfriendly place I've been.
sXo28fUl.jpg

v6Jv3vCl.jpg

apHY0q6l.jpg

whats the blazer there?

I've been conflicted about Zam for a while. He has some cool stuff, but his online persona is so weirdly religious that I feel weird supporting values I disagree with. However, the linen blazers coming out this season look pretty cool.

I don't know, Zam's obviously a very deeply religious person, but he hardly imposes that on others. He's just very open in his expression of his spirituality--I don't think that's a bad thing

i've done business with Zam and he is a good guy, makes no sense not to do bus with him due to his beliefs which he does not impose on anyone else

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, I don't really think "slim and cool" when I think of Damir. I've checked out a lot of his blazers and they're one of the hardest of his items to work into an otherwise "normal" wardrobe. You can't just throw it on with some jeans and be good to go. You really need a certain proportion on the bottom to balance them and everything kinda needs to look loose and sort of hanging off you. You should check out the runway shows and the way places like lncc style his stuff. But I suspect you'd have a hard time working it into what you have so may not be worth keeping.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dorje, the Mario blazer fits really well. I'd keep that one.

I'm not sure, though, that the damir blazer is working better on you than it did on me :confused:. Lower half looks kinda billowy, which as others have said, won't work with your slim aesthetic

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eh, I don't really think "slim and cool" when I think of Damir. I've checked out a lot of his blazers and they're one of the hardest of his items to work into an otherwise "normal" wardrobe. You can't just throw it on with some jeans and be good to go. You really need a certain proportion on the bottom to balance them and everything kinda needs to look loose and sort of hanging off you. You should check out the runway shows and the way places like lncc style his stuff. But I suspect you'd have a hard time working it into what you have so may not be worth keeping.

I've def noticed this-- he cuts his blazers in a way that practically demands looser bottoms. I've only tried his jackets wearing mah skinnies. Will have to try them with baggier trousers to see if that = more success

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely try baggier bottoms and then like a stand collar shirt or a tee with a fairly wide neck opening, both of which would ideally be fairly long and hang out past the blazer. So basically the sorts of tops Damir makes. It's all kinda consistent within itself. Of course if you can find a way to break it out of that stylistic mold that's extra awesome.

Edit: this sort of thing
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2012MEN-DDOMA/#5

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Weirdly, Damir's blazers always seem slimmer on the runway shows than in person. The one you pictured, for example, looks like it could go with slimmer stuff, when in real life it would probably billow just as much as the others.

On a completely different note: erhmahgerd Les Hommes blerzer from Yerx!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads