• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

+ The Streetwear Suits and Blazers Thread +

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^I like how their jackets look

Fabio Q. came in, fits great, enough for just a tee or shirt. Fabric is 100% wool, no lining. Feels heavy. If I get any bigger it shall not fit anymore in the shoulders. Not sure if I should keep at the moment as I want to pickup another similar navy suit for F/W '13.

Fabio Q. jacket has a bit of a hairy texture with the weave resembling denim, which I now understand after LA Guy explaining it. Adds a nice texture all in all, not sure if it is Shah approved seeing how it wool-denim lol. I have to say what really helps is that it is a lighter navy than say midnight blue. The weave has a bit of shine. It really is like denim!

Collar standing up

Action

No back vents

The lapel naturally down

Lining shot

DETAILS:

Good representation of color. No button cuffs, just a ****​

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shah, that looks amazing.

El Bert, I vastly prefer 2 buttons. 3 is okay if you're tall, but not for me (5'-10). 1 is okay if it's really cool looking and casual. It's always frustrating flipping through the hundreds on Yoox that are mostly 3+ buttons. And then you finally find one that's perfect and the designer spent extra money to put in some dumb contrast stitched buttonhole that completely ruins it...ok venting now.

Where to kop Devoa? Would something like the lapelless blazer make it to sale or need to buy at retail?

A ton of the 3 buttons are 3-2 roll, Yoox just buttons it up. Also a ton of jackets that are actually blazers but have a button at collar as well so it's fully buttoned up in Yoox photos as well

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^I like how their jackets look

Fabio Q. came in, fits great, enough for just a tee or shirt. Fabric is 100% wool, no lining. Feels heavy. If I get any bigger it shall not fit anymore in the shoulders. Not sure if I should keep at the moment as I want to pickup another similar navy suit for F/W '13.

Fabio Q. jacket has a bit of a hairy texture with the weave resembling denim, which I now understand after LA Guy explaining it. Adds a nice texture all in all, not sure if it is Shah approved seeing how it wool-denim lol. I have to say what really helps is that it is a lighter navy than say midnight blue. The weave has a bit of shine. It really is like denim!

That looks a lot better on you than it does on me. The shoulders are key. That shoulder line fits you very well. It the shoulders don't fit right, the whole thing would look seriously off. I am considerably more built that you are through the shoulders and chest, and the "hoho drape" just sort of bulged in wierd places for me. I would keep that if I were you. Nice pick up. I'd probably wear it with baggier pants though, and maybe a tee instead of a button up shirt.

You can also get a navy suit, but they would serve completely different purposes. This can look cool at a bar or just thrown over jeans and a tee. A navy suit would be much more formal, unless you really go nuts with proportions or material.

bboowwyy

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to tell what season Dior suits/jackets are from?
Tag reference number is - 8E3170100609

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Toasty, I really like that but I agree with Fok about the pants. I think you could do something pretty cool with those boots, though, and a slightly grungier ensemble altogether.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks man

The pants are cut 19cm. It is the boots that are causing the stacking / bunching, which would otherwise look cleaner IMO. I am actually looking to do something with the boots and see if the cobbler and minimize the diameter and / or add a zipper or lacing system in the back. As is the pull on Silent boots are making pants fall oddly. I really love them despite this minor detail.

Not sure what other pants. Please post examples and "grunge" looks :teach:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks man

The pants are cut 19cm. It is the boots that are causing the stacking / bunching, which would otherwise look cleaner IMO. I am actually looking to do something with the boots and see if the cobbler and minimize the diameter and / or add a zipper or lacing system in the back. As is the pull on Silent boots are making pants fall oddly. I really love them despite this minor detail.

Not sure what other pants. Please post examples and "grunge" looks :teach:

I think you could pick anything in a darker color or textured fabric and it would turn out well. Corduroy would probably work well; maybe a slim bootcut even, or just look at the FQ lookbook that features that jacket. Cropped or rolled trousers, black derbies, anything slightly distressed....

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First jacket looks bad... The one button and overly closed quarters.. No good. 2nd pic would be so much better without the red square which is .... Also the bottom with denim and boots looks too aggressive for the top half. I'd swap the shirt for a tee. Or kept the top and changed to sleeker boots or shoes. Like some dark brown bluchers. Either way square has gotta go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads