• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RMB35

Reaction score
wolverines 1000 mile mahogany shell

CD3D2629-F1CD-4A90-A89E-266BCAD2EC6A.jpeg

A47CFD1E-444C-4D72-A470-1B6C77502CD2.jpeg

oskrusa

Reaction score

Those boots required a lot of Shell; beautiful.

They look great and must feel incredible. How tall from the floor?

Thank you, guys. They indeed have the most shell on my collection.
They are the tallest boots I own, standing at 8 inches from the ground.
Second tallest are the Enzos (almost 7.5" tall), then C&J and coming last are my Aldens.

Here is a comparison, from left to right, Carminas (Cognac), Enzo Bonafe (#4), C&J(#8, love how light it has turned) and Alden(#8, rich purple) :
20180922_144258.jpg

From the top:
20180922_144316.jpg

Carminas on the left, EBs on the right:
20180922_144353.jpg

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second tallest are the Enzos (almost 7.5" tall), then C&J and coming last are my Aldens.

Here is a comparison, from left to right, Carminas (Cognac), Enzo Bonafe (#4), C&J(#8, love how light it has turned) and Alden(#8, rich purple) :
View attachment 1040009

From the top:
View attachment 1040013

View attachment 1040017

I do not usually love the term shoe Appreciation, but, I am going to make an exception here!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1040009

From the top:
View attachment 1040013

View attachment 1040017

Nice, what last are EB’s on?

tkebh979

Reaction score
Some people take their Jeep out in the bush, some people keep them permanently washed and waxed...

To that end... does anyone abuse their shell boots? How do they take regular snow, sleet, and slush?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some people take their Jeep out in the bush, some people keep them permanently washed and waxed...

To that end... does anyone abuse their shell boots? How do they take regular snow, sleet, and slush?
I don't get many opportunities to do such, but I do have a pair of Alden shell that I'm not afraid to do that to.
I know of several people that use their shell in adverse conditions. Plus, it usedto be advertised as a workbook leather. As long as you follow up with a proper cleaning, conditioning, and brushing cycle they'll be fine. You must give them time to dry as with any shoe.

oskrusa

Reaction score

The only thing I avoid is salty slush.

Salt and the chemicals they put in it have damaged other lesser leather boots I own (Tbh, I would add that I have not cleaned those boots in a timely manner after salt exposure, for very long periods).

I have water spots from rain on some of my shells, but i cannot see them unless I place the boots in front of my face, which is not a normal place for them to be.

I have noticed that the spots go away with time, but I honestly dont care, they are meant to be worn to protect our feet.

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have used my Viberg Unglazed natural derby boots from the beginning of March this year in rain, snow and slush. Just made sure to wipe off any salt at the end of the day.

Here they are when new
szwSwQ8.jpg

More pictures

Three months in..
Nmn9yj1.jpg

More pictures

Now..
rdoAb4F.jpg

Even more pictures

Plan to wear these even more this winter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads