• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The RACHford Files: Linjer Soft Briefcase TestDrive

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my cognac brief last Monday. Since this was my first experience in finer leather goods I don't really have anything to base it off of. What I can say is the the bag feels SOLID, the zipper works very smoothly, the leather is supple and smells lovely. All of the stitching and construction was done in care with no visible defects anywhere. Definitely way nicer than the leather bags I checked out at my local Coach store a few months back. Add in the introduction price and I feel the the bag was a steal imo. I'm so glad I put my money where my mouth is and took the plunge.

Linjer

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Curious if anybody has received their bags yet and wanted to comment, add to, or rebut my review? Hope the delivered product was as nice as the sample I reviewed.
Great initiative ! We're super curious to hear what our backers have to say. So far the feedback by email has been great:)

Linjer

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I received my cognac brief last Monday. Since this was my first experience in finer leather goods I don't really have anything to base it off of. What I can say is the the bag feels SOLID, the zipper works very smoothly, the leather is supple and smells lovely. All of the stitching and construction was done in care with no visible defects anywhere. Definitely way nicer than the leather bags I checked out at my local Coach store a few months back. Add in the introduction price and I feel the the bag was a steal imo. I'm so glad I put my money where my mouth is and took the plunge.
I'm so glad you made the plunge:) Thank you so much for the kind words and most importantly for taking the chance on us so early on!

For everyone wondering if we will have any discounts in the future, the answer is no, unless you are pre-ordering.
Right now we have a pre-order campaign running for 4 wallets and 2 totes. Check it out here.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Very cool; it's always nice to find other buyers who agree. I also have received some products I ordered and have been very pleased with the attention to detail, quality, pricing, and functionality. In a few years after their coverage in Forbes and Vogue, it will be nice for us to have a chance to "name drop" among friends that we knew the Linjer folk way back when. Let's hope they remember us during their lucrative IPO. ;) j/k

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I gave it a quick once over and I like it quite a bit. I'm just torn if I should keep it for myself or give it to one of my best friends for his upcoming birthday as his work environment is more formal than mine. I didn't give it a test load or bring it around for a day, so it's hard to say how it fares in everyday use, but we shall see. If I end up keeping it for myself, I'll be able to produce more detailed feedback.

Cognac briefcase btw.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I gave it a quick once over and I like it quite a bit. I'm just torn if I should keep it for myself or give it to one of my best friends for his upcoming birthday as his work environment is more formal than mine. I didn't give it a test load or bring it around for a day, so it's hard to say how it fares in everyday use, but we shall see. If I end up keeping it for myself, I'll be able to produce more detailed feedback.

Cognac briefcase btw.

Either way, it'll work out. Your friend will be very happy, or it will work for your purposes. The sad truth is that after playing around and exposing them all to wear, the Linjer is working better than a whole horde of my (fancy designer at ridiculous prices) items. Pshaw. Luckily I still have some old Tom Ford Gucci and Jil Sander stuff from the 1990's that you can shoot with a large-calibre weapon and keep in tact. These save me from feeling I wasted my money all these years.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah. I did grab the Margiela stuff at a decent price, but it's held up. Rotating between the navy MMM tote and my ToJ suede daypack primarily these days.

I like Linjer's tote quite a bit too. :embar:

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yeah. I did grab the Margiela stuff at a decent price, but it's held up. Rotating between the navy MMM tote and my ToJ suede daypack primarily these days.

I like Linjer's tote quite a bit too. :embar:

Margiela is solid. I miss some of my Margiela stuff, almost as much as that damn mushroom-brown Valentino reporter bag I sold off. But, alas, one makes sacrifices. ToJ makes bags now?

The Linjer tote is really nice, btw. I can say from experience. ;)

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They've made one bag for a couple of short limited runs. I'll PM you details.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

They've made one bag for a couple of short limited runs. I'll PM you details.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the March shipment of the Linjer portfolios. I also ordered one in Navy... so will report back upon arrival.

pnewelljr

Reaction score
I think Linjer uses too many pieces of leather to make one briefcase. For fine leather goods, less is more.

Pros: Low cost

Cons: Shade variation. Each section ages differently. More weak spots (OK for briefcases; not ideal for duffel bags).

What is the name of the briefcase you used in the example?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hi guys,

We are designing a leather weekender. If you are reading this, we would love your feedback before going with a final version of it.

Cheers,

Jenn & Roman

Thanks! Sorry it took me a bit... but overall in terms of structure and size, it's pretty good. As I've said before, you want nothing less than 45cm, nothing more than 55 in terms of length. Otherwise, it's like a purse OR a giant suitcase. Style-wise, I think it fits nicely into the Linjer aesthetic. Looking forward to seeing a prototype!

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Margiela is solid. I miss some of my Margiela stuff, almost as much as that damn mushroom-brown Valentino reporter bag I sold off. But, alas, one makes sacrifices. ToJ makes bags now?

The Linjer tote is really nice, btw. I can say from experience.
wink.gif

What do you dudes carry around in your totes, on a day-to-day basis? I have the TOJ totes that came with jackets but debating if it's worth getting a nice tote.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Portfolio. Portable charger. Some pens. Business card case. Tide pen and misc snacks.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads