• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Proper Kit Trunk Show, Saturday, Nov 5, New York, by Styleforum and AandH Magazine

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have nothing against good bombolini, merely that my husband is obsessed with donuts from the Donut Pub, which has branched out into making their version of a Cronut - the maple/bacon version is a heart attack in a white paper bag, but very soul-satisfying.
I'll need to look this place up.

I grew up eating bombolini all day long, but was recently told by our social media manager, who is Italian, that this is a breakfast food only (this explains the looks I get when I order on to eat with my 5 p.m. espresso while in Italy), so I may only have one shot at this.

Chocolate and vanilla custard or fruit jam, in a nicely risen dough, deep fried, and dusted with sugar. With steaming hot coffee. You don't get much better than that.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Tres Leches doughnut from the Doughnut plant is excellent and among the best I've ever had.

I'm not a fan of the sweet stuff from Sullivan street Bakery. I think they are better for their Pizza Bianca and flat bread pizzas. Their Pizza Funghi is so good.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take a trip out to Tip Top fabrics and get donuts at Peter Pan. It'll be a Greenpoint adventure.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Take a trip out to Tip Top fabrics and get donuts at Peter Pan. It'll be a Greenpoint adventure.

Peter Pan is the same classic style as Donut Pub though, so you might as well stick with that and not have to leave the city if you're only there for a day. @upr_crust had it when he said they were good for that normal style of donut, and Donut Plant is good for fancy donuts (although I prefer Dough Donuts in this category)

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Any type of donut during set up will be better than the no donuts of last year's set up.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peter Pan is the same classic style as Donut Pub though, so you might as well stick with that and not have to leave the city if you're only there for a day. @upr_crust had it when he said they were good for that normal style of donut, and Donut Plant is good for fancy donuts (although I prefer Dough Donuts in this category)
Woah... those look really good. I might call for four or five dozen and then bring them in in the morning so that whoever comes to help, vendors, and organzers, and whoever shows up before they are gone, can have some eats and coffee after shlepping up chairs and tables and racks.

If you can't find, me, I will be in the kitchen drinking coffee and eating this (dulce de leche with almonds - yeast donuts fo life.)

Last edited:

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Peter Pan is the same classic style as Donut Pub though, so you might as well stick with that and not have to leave the city if you're only there for a day. @upr_crust
 had it when he said they were good for that normal style of donut, and Donut Plant is good for fancy donuts (although I prefer Dough Donuts in this category) 

Fair enough. Dough is awesome. We had one a block from my last office, and it made for the nice occasional indulgence.

Fok - if you go that route, the toasted coconut and the passionfruit are awesome

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's convince Carmina to waive MTO fees again.
Ask, and ye shall receive. Once again, they will be waiving the MTO fees for MTOs, at the Trunk Show in person only.

Cheers,

Fok.

Lanieri

Reaction score
Gentlemen!

We are preparing a special 25% discount code that will be handed out to everyone at the event!
Don't miss the opportunity to get measured directly by the Lanieri's team in NY and to save on your first Italian MTM suit!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it might be too messy
I have a cruel sense of humor though.... plus, deliciousness? BTW, someone recommend me the best food delivery place in NYC for catering from decent restaurants.

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a cruel sense of humor though.... plus, deliciousness? BTW, someone recommend me the best food delivery place in NYC for catering from decent restaurants.

Dinosaur BBQ is famous for ribs. Not sure if you can get them to deliver this far downtown though. Nonetheless, I definitely approve of this thought process.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dinosaur BBQ is famous for ribs. Not sure if you can get them to deliver this far downtown though. Nonetheless, I definitely approve of this thought process.
lol. Though I am technically the "boss", my partners and employees might throw me off the roof.

I was thinking of the dozen online delivery service. For example, that's how we'll be getting Donut dough in the morning:
https://www.sweetist.co/bakeries/Dough

All volunteers should note that these will come at approximately 9, and that while we'll save some for the vendors, it will be first come, first served (and my first come, I mean... hardest working.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads