• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pitch

NoNothingGuy

Reaction score
Has anyone else watched these two episodes? I guess the pilot was on a few weeks ago (after Mad Men) and the "season premiere" was on last night.

As someone who has worked for a major NYC agency and now works for a smaller "boutique," I find this show laughable at best. I'd be interested in hearing what others think. The drama is pure hyperbole and the clients appear clueless most of the time.

I'll end by stating that both episodes have resulted in the wrong agency winning the business.

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i couldn't agree more, this is why this business sucks now. qr codes pass for an idea. being in advertising, it's almost painful to watch.

I'll end by stating that both episodes have resulted in the wrong agency winning the business.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only saw the first episode and though I'm NOT in the industry, I agree that the wrong agency won.

Also, the creative guy from the winning agency was a grade A ******* douche-asshole.

*edit* I wanted to slap the stupid look off his face the entire show. That's right, slap. **** that guy.

Last edited:

NoNothingGuy

Reaction score

I only saw the first episode and though I'm NOT in the industry, I agree that the wrong agency won.
Also, the creative guy from the winning agency was a grade A ******* douche-asshole.
*edit* I wanted to slap the stupid look off his face the entire show. That's right, slap. **** that guy.

Ha, yes! I thought he was miserable, but there were folks on the McKinney/WDCW that were just as bad (IMHO).

Here is what I cannot figure out... On most reality TV shows, they edit the content to make people look like assholes. Also, most of the "characters" create drama for the sake of creating drama. At the end of the day, it is merely their own image that is at risk. With this show, there is much more at risk. Current clients might not want to be associated with this garbage and new business is certainly jeopardized.

It is very clear that this program is scripted. Although there are plenty of jerks in the ad world, the dialogue and body language in this show is laughable. If people truly acted this way, they would likely be fired. What I cannot seem to figure out is what agencies like McKinney have to gain from doing this. What makes the Partners want to look like assholes on national television? It seems like a huge liability. Their performances on show seem very different than the reasons they claim to have done the show HERE.

...and why do they all act so tough? Insecurity is dripping off of my television set.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads